• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

7 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

Cheers Paul. I’m glad you posted the pics of the stamps. All of my previous TSF buys arrived on time, including a couple of previous purchases from 9x883 who sent this package as well. He’s very good at keeping me informed regarding their tracking service.

For some unknown reason they missed the 1pm deadline even though we both knew the Royal Mail had received the coin locally to me. I had to leave the house at 1.30pm for an appointment elsewhere and they tried unsuccessfully to make the delivery just after 2pm. They finally delivered it at their leisure the next day. I’ve kept the paperwork etc if @9x883 wants to pursue it, it’s up to him. Personally I’m not bothered but I may have been if I was the sender.

Yeah in that instance, the sender has to process. That's usually a monetary refund rather than stamps. 

I am not sure if there's a precedent on here about postage refunds. It's happened to me too but I was happy enough to receive the item and told the seller to process the refund.

Personally think there should be a precedent and go 50/50 on bonus refunds like that.

6 minutes ago, refero said:

won this 1902 matte full sov at a local auction few days ago. Described as "absolute mint state"; really curious to see it in hand and eventually sending to slab)

559D.jpg

559R.jpg

Looks a stunner

14 minutes ago, refero said:

won this 1902 matte full sov at a local auction few days ago. Described as "absolute mint state"; really curious to see it in hand and eventually sending to slab)

559D.jpg

559R.jpg

Coin looks good, but I am not sure that it is perfect. Where is the hair on top of his head. Maybe it is just the photo

Never Chase and Never Regret 

1 minute ago, Spyder said:

Coin looks good, but I am not sure that it is perfect. Where is the hair on top of his head. Maybe it is just the photo

Wasnt he a baldy?

1 minute ago, Spyder said:

starting price was tempting, and i managed to get it for what i consider a good deal; of course if its a pr62 or 63 or 64 gonna change a lot)

8 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Wasnt he a baldy?

I think the buyer asked about what a pf62-63 was worth regarding a matt proof 1902, this was pre bidding at auction.  Yes Ed was bald but he did have some hair at the front.

1902 Matt Proof Sovereign Hair.jpg

Never Chase and Never Regret 

On a more serious side; i know then when an Auction house states “amazing mint state bla bla”, there is always something that makes the coin not a pure mint state one. But i m curious to see how almost-perfect-mint state this one will be

8 hours ago, ccfcpaul said:

Not quite precious metals but just as useful and dare I say it, maybe a better hedge against inflation!

Courtesy of Royal Mail not doing their job properly.

IMG_20240619_102517_HDR.jpg

Just sent stuff to people with no postage, like some one has to me today.

17188249065788387928358401023417.jpg

Edited by Jake0111

3 minutes ago, Jake0111 said:

Just sent stuff to people with no postage, like so.e one has to me today.

I received one of these today with £1.50 charge don’t know who it’s from!!

4 minutes ago, Jake0111 said:

Just sent stuff to people with no postage, like so.e one has to me today.

be careful on that, i might be wrong but something is telling me thats the start of a known scam.

1 minute ago, Jake0111 said:

Think it's proper, the post man handed it me.

its something like if you don't pay the extra postage, they don't refund as the parcel was refused and they "don't offer refunds", then eventually they get the item returned in a few months. I think it needs a time delay or something to work too. I have heard of something like that happening.

1 minute ago, Paul777 said:

Iv been after this one for a while!

Finally received today.

The Scottsdale Mint 2021 Alien Ghana 1oz silver coin 😁👽IMG_20240619_200416100_AE(1).thumb.jpg.b5766b00bfc18200e49cde199a696307.jpgIMG_20240619_200321567_AE(1).thumb.jpg.9cc0f896ab0067d037c06c2ecee670bc.jpgIMG_20240619_200505781_AE.thumb.jpg.3bbc74d4a3f85a88a9d35798fab49a3b.jpg

IMG_20240619_200402573_AE (1).jpg

Love that

18 minutes ago, ccfcpaul said:

its something like if you don't pay the extra postage, they don't refund as the parcel was refused and they "don't offer refunds", then eventually they get the item returned in a few months. I think it needs a time delay or something to work too. I have heard of something like that happening.

The funny thing is, one of the parcels I thinks involved. He handed to me with the fee to pay.

Edited by Jake0111

22 minutes ago, James32 said:

Who's the seller? Not @stefffana I hope.

I think it's some one on the form, but I'm not naming him. If I'm correct alot of people will be getting them 🤣

(If it's the person I think it was, they haven't done it on purpose. Think it's down to old stamps no longer been valid to use.)

Edited by Jake0111
To clarify

5 minutes ago, Jake0111 said:

I think it's some one on the form, but I'm not naming him. If I'm correct alot of people will be getting them 🤣

Drama....get over to the NBS and spill the beans

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

On 13/06/2024 at 12:53, SilverToday said:

1474-1504 Spain "Ferdinand And Isabella" Silver 1 Reales 26mm Coin that I recently purchased. 

I'm liking the medieval looking design to it. Fairly popular as there where 15 others that had it on

their eBay watchlist prior to me purchasing it. 

s-l960 (1).webp

s-l1600 (3).webp

Just wanted to add that when I purchased this coin a few days ago due to the aesthetic design, I decided to do some research today and

I come to find out that Ferdinand II and Isabella I were the first joint King and Queen of Spain and were called the Catholic Monarchs 

because they strongly supported the Roman Catholic Church. Isabella was born on April 22nd, 1451 and Ferdinand on March 10 1452

At the time, the land that is now Spain was divided into several Kingdoms. Isabelle's father was the King of Castile a Kingdom in

Central Spain. Ferdinand's father was King of Aragon in North Eastern Spain. Princess Isabella married Prince Ferdinand in 1469. 

Isabella became Queen of Castile in 1474, but the King of Portugal also wanted to rule there. Isabella defeated him in war in 1479. 

In the same year Ferdinand became King of Aragon. Castile and Aragon were then joined under the rule of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella

The combined Kingdoms was the the beginning of Spain.  Later in 1492 King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella commissioned and supported 

Christopher Columbus' voyage across the Atlantic Ocean to explore the new world. The places Columbus landed became colonies of Spain claiming jurisdiction over the new world that included the Caribbean, North and South America (excluding Brazil), Africa, Various Islands in Asia and Oceania, beginning in 1493.

Queen Isabella died on November 26, 1504 King Ferdinand died on January 1516. Ferdinand II and Isabella I were the first King and Queen of a unified Spain. 

When I purchased the coin, I went off liking the design and age yet had no knowledge of any history behind it and now I'm liking it even more so.  Not that any of you would care any lol but nevertheless an interesting and fascinating part of European/World history imo. 

: )

Edited by SilverToday

"Gold Is The Money Of Kings, Silver Is The Money Of Gentlemen."

4 hours ago, Petra said:

Oh well🤔 something small here, better than nothing 😮 thank you @Shinus73

IMG_0619.jpeg

Tempted by those myself, but I'd have to take the sissors to all that cardboard.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.