• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

homer TheSimpsons GIF by Live What You Love Business Coaching

Poor Martin Jennings signing so many cards he probably had writer's cramp and it turns out nobody wants his autograph.

Well that's not true, I do actually and as much as I don't care about the coins much I love the box and the signed, special cards.

Funny how the royal mint can find plenty of pf70 for themselves but can't apply that level of quality control for the public

6 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Poor Martin Jennings signing so many cards he probably had writer's cramp and it turns out nobody wants his autograph.

Well that's not true, I do actually and as much as I don't care about the coins much I love the box and the signed, special cards.

Funny how the royal mint can find plenty of pf70 for themselves but can't apply that level of quality control for the public

Is this a new phenomenon?  overloaded with special coin releases so we are now turning to the quality of the boxes ? Fomo made me pursue this box 

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

Maybe they had to craft 2500 boxes (not speaking about number of wasted pf70 labels due to crooked signatures) to get such a quality for 500 of them.

1 hour ago, Ted1945 said:

Possible ex royal mint QC person has a new job? One to watch 

I found out from the RM that it's an "interpretation" of the Royal Arms.

I wish I also had the 1 oz gold, it's absolutely stunning - you can see the beautiful design much better!

21 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Finally got these from the auction house, probably send them to NGC just to confirm their authenticity as I am no expert in copper coins from this era but its an 1806 Hibernia farthing and the 1853 half penny (previously seen in the auction pics I shared)

IMG_4213.jpeg

IMG_4214.jpeg

IMG_4215.jpeg

The 1853 is remarkably clean

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Yep, a bit too clean for my liking. It wouldn’t surprise me if it gets body-bagged by the graders or this coin has lived a charmed life 

Yeah I've no experience with those coin, but as soon as I read the date ,I thought whoops 😬 😅 fingers crossed its just a very careful owner/owners.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

39 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Yep, a bit too clean for my liking. It wouldn’t surprise me if it gets body-bagged by the graders or this coin has lived a charmed life 

What concerns you?

I think it looks ok, the hair and date look right, the nose looks funny if you zoom in is it a dbl strike??

5 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

What concerns you?

I think it looks ok, the hair and date look right, the nose looks funny if you zoom in is it a dbl strike??

It’s not a double strike, it’s in a flip and reflecting off the flip. My main concern is simply the condition of the coin, it seems too good but it does seem to match a die which was used but doesn’t mean it wasn’t cloned from a die. No idea if it’s genuine so I’ll send it NGC and let them decided - it’s size and weight even check out

3 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

It’s not a double strike, it’s in a flip and reflecting off the flip. My main concern is simply the condition of the coin, it seems too good but it does seem to match a die which was used but doesn’t mean it wasn’t cloned from a die. No idea if it’s genuine so I’ll send it NGC and let them decided - it’s size and weight even check out

Can you post a pic of the obverse? 
I’d like to see that out of interest mate…

5 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

I hope.it gets NGC top pop always like to see a member getting a belter 

25 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

It’s in astonishingly great condition, there are quite a few on eBay for general comparison and what concerns me most is the squint flicked up 5…IMG_7982.thumb.png.a687b0eb7e0e147badea408970745502.pngIMG_7983.thumb.png.d81fad72a8892f97061ea79bd8e99b0c.png

Never expected to spend my Friday night looking at squinted 5s but heyho - I have added a close up of mine outside the flip and higher quality comparisons from London coin sales - a couple may be taken from proofs. Lots of comparisons but not sure what I have achieve as they’ve all merged in to one 5 now 

IMG_4216.jpeg

IMG_4218.jpeg

IMG_4219.jpeg

IMG_4220.jpeg

IMG_4217.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Never expected to spend my Friday night looking at squinted 5s but heyho - I have added a close up of mine outside the flip and higher quality comparisons from London coin sales - a couple may be taken from proofs. Lots of comparisons but not sure what I have achieve as they’ve all merged in to one 5 now 

IMG_4216.jpeg

IMG_4218.jpeg

IMG_4219.jpeg

IMG_4220.jpeg

IMG_4217.jpeg

Every night is a good night to be looking at coins…😉

I think yours is real.

19 minutes ago, geowill989 said:

I also think it's real. All of the details are spot on. It's just in exceptionally good condition. where did you get this?

In a local auction, it cost me about £15 including fees, nobody wanted it and I was the only bidder. 

7 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

In a local auction, it cost me about £15 including fees, nobody wanted it and I was the only bidder. 

That’s a score mate, if the worst came to the worst and it wasn’t real it’s no money really we’ve all dropped more running for a bus.

But I think it’s real I’m personally about 95% sure.