• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 20/02/2018 at 23:52, sovereignsteve said:

so you're going for an example of each die number regardless of year or a set of all die numbers for all years?????:)

All die numbers for all years! 

Maybe not 1874!

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

21 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

Arrived two days ago but I have had manflu, the wife said "blimey you must be ill, you haven't opened your gold" :D

1987 proof half sov from Atkinsons.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

I love that. It would be more interesting to collect Sovereigns if they had new designs every year or every other year. I have one 1887. But I am collecting proof Britannias. Silver though. I might pick up some fractional gold if I have extra money. I think there are a few different designs in Sovereigns in some special yers.

12 minutes ago, JohnAnsink said:

I think there are a few different designs in Sovereigns in some special years.

1989 (only proof), 2002, 2005, 2012 (bullion unimpressive) and 2017 (only proof)  are the ones to go for but they already have a high premium. Probably best value will be fractional proofs of 2017 at the moment, if someone sells cheapish. 

3 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

would you mind saying how much you paid? The obverse looks well pock-marked for one of these.

I had paid 550£, with having Marsh for reference as well. The description was toned, some light contact marks on obverse and scuff at rear of horse on reverse, otherwise good extremely fine. I had wanted a matt proof in the collection and this looked as a good start. Here is another photo with slightly different lighting.

BBF89714-7C1F-49C1-A06A-3C1A03BF7CA1.jpeg

57 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

I had paid 550£, with having Marsh for reference as well. The description was toned, some light contact marks on obverse and scuff at rear of horse on reverse, otherwise good extremely fine. I had wanted a matt proof in the collection and this looked as a good start. Here is another photo with slightly different lighting.

BBF89714-7C1F-49C1-A06A-3C1A03BF7CA1.jpeg

Try photo without black background can't see the edge properly has a fair few marks on it but I'm not sure about prices for that coin 

1 hour ago, MickB said:

My Australian silver dragon coin bars arrived today. Nice artwork on the rear although my photo doesn't do it justice. Think I'll pick up a few more of these.

image.jpeg

I have one...I'm not that impressed with the QA. Mine has a slight flaw on the rim Queen side, not a big deal but I heard other problems. The finish on the Queen side is lackluster too. The Dragon side much better. Hopefully they will improve production.

29 minutes ago, JohnAnsink said:

I have one...I'm not that impressed with the QA. Mine has a slight flaw on the rim Queen side, not a big deal but I heard other problems. The finish on the Queen side is lackluster too. The Dragon side much better. Hopefully they will improve production.

Just had a closer inspection of mine and the Queens side appears to have a yellowish tone. Didn't notice it at first and it doesn't clean off either.

Also my Perth Mint kangaroo 1oz silver bars appear to have the same that I bought a while back. Need to catch it in a certain light to see it. At least they're not proofs :mellow:

Edited by MickB