• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

21 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

Blimey mate, where do you shop for food!  :lol:

Was a clearance so couldn't walk passed and leave it ;) but the town market stools if you must 

2017-12-22 17.51.24.jpg

20171222_174637-1.jpg

Picked these half proofs up over the last week/10 days or so. 2002 is perfect, the 89 no scratches but may have been handled in the past. If I were to have it slabbed and conserved would most probably sort it but don't know if it is worth it. The 84 was a present to my partner off myself as it is her birth year. I got it from atkinsons so I am not to upset with the condition (no scratches). This has definitely been handled, my girlfriend is not bothered by the marks at all but they bug me. Are there any tips for getting rid of the marks without conservation?

Also need to get new camera equipment as my tripod and light source are bugging me haha 

2002 half sov proof.jpg

2002 half sov proof queen.jpg

89 half sov rose dark.jpg

89 half sov queen dark.jpg

84 half sov.jpg

84 half sov queen.jpg

Edited by prophet800
words

On 24/12/2017 at 14:02, Augustus1 said:

ok so this is strictly not today but Friday, this is what arrived in the damaged box via DHL /Germany, 1/4 oz libertad PP, finally after 4 months,  the wait kinda took the shine off it (pardon the pun) , but its  nice to see the detail, merry Christmas everyone

dean.m5a3fb25fa174a_IMG_20171224_135014(Medium).thumb.jpg.c8555f6fbc64af8f7fb35b694cad9e80.jpg5a3fb32c199b2_IMG_20171224_140016(Medium).thumb.jpg.8e787dcbcf8243c857d23a9321657577.jpg

Well worth the wait in my opinion, beautiful coins, wish I had a suitcase full! Enjoy

1 minute ago, prophet800 said:
1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:
[mention=2870]prophet800[/mention] the 2002 and 1989 come from the isle of white?

Not sure about the 89(ebay) and I think the 02 was from London area (a Facebook group)

Ok, it’s just a pair like that were at at auction on 20th so wasn’t sure of you out bid me.   But must be different coins

A great and beautiful coin arrived and here is the story behind it.

IMG_8868_polarr.jpg

The Liberty Cap, Red Cap, Phrygian Cap

A great and beautiful coin arrived and here is the story behind it.

IMG_8868_polarr.jpg

The Liberty Cap, Red Cap, Phrygian Cap

Today I received my debit card :wub:

Lost my previous one last Thursday, was the worst possible time to lose it, had no access to my money to go shopping before Christmas

I debated selling a sovereign just to have some cash but I held tight and finally the new card is here, phew

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation