• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

10 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Today I got nothing except a message telling me my package was delivered with photo evidence and how great it is to have good neighbours like John at 2a to where my package was delivered. Only problem there is no 2a or anyone called John.   

Will not be holding my breath for John to bring me my package. Oh well, John will be 2 sovereign richer and I will have to go through the hassle of getting a refund. Called courier company to tell them to get the driver to go back and retrieve my package and was told only sender can do that.  

Why any company does not use the RMSD  I will never know.   UPS and DPD are useless. Had a eBay buyer who wanted a refund when they found out that the Authenticators are using UPS to forward on the package after authenticating.  I did not blame him and quickly refunded.

STOLEN PACKAGE1.jpg

I hope you will get your money back @Spyder

35 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Thanks. No worry of getting it back. Just the the hassle involved.

Company has already been informed and were not happy regarding the photo or wrong address. They get the same message as me when delivered. They will claim off the courier company and will come out of the drivers pocket.  Will teach them to do their job properly and read the address 

It's by far the worst part of buying and selling. I sent 19 parcels off yesterday morning and just waiting/hoping they all get delivered is an unnecessary stress. 

2 hours ago, Spyder said:

Thanks. No worry of getting it back. Just the the hassle involved.

Company has already been informed and were not happy regarding the photo or wrong address. They get the same message as me when delivered. They will claim off the courier company and will come out of the drivers pocket.  Will teach them to do their job properly and read the address 

Hope it does get sorted.. that’s just terrible service for anything posted let alone gold 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, CoinStruck said:

A few more silver pieces picked up over the last month or so.

The 1997 Canadian 1oz silver Maple 🍁 has the lowest mintage level for the standard bullion design at 100,970 coins.

The two little silver bars are 400 grains of 80% silver were minted for Singapore 🇸🇬 Airlines during the 1980s and were given as gifts to long haul passengers. They produced this “Wonders of the World” series with these two being the Great Wall of China and Niagara Falls. 

A 1oz silver USA 🇺🇸 Flag.

Finally the 1991 Canadian  🇨🇦 1oz silver Maple bullion coin, mintage 644,300 coins. 

IMG_5007.jpeg

IMG_5006.jpeg

IMG_5003.jpeg

IMG_5033.jpeg

IMG_5034.jpeg

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5032.jpeg

IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

IMG_5040.jpeg

ed351393-721e-4b41-ae22-e6a644501178.jpeg

Nice coins, lovely woofer!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

7 minutes ago, CoinStruck said:

The 1997 Canadian 1oz silver Maple 🍁 has the lowest mintage level for the standard bullion design at 100,970 coins.

🇸🇬🇺🇸🇨🇦IMG_5006.jpeg

IMG_5003.jpeg

One of my biggest coin regrets, buying one of these at the car bootsale, then selling it again right off the bat. Before I knew I was date running maples. 😂

I just don't want to pay £60 odd for some now. I'll find another cheap one at some point in time. 

33 minutes ago, CoinStruck said:

A few more silver pieces picked up over the last month or so.

The two little silver bars are 400 grains of 80% silver were minted for Singapore 🇸🇬 Airlines during the 1980s and were given as gifts to long haul passengers. They produced this “Wonders of the World” series with these two being the Great Wall of China and Niagara Falls. 

A 1oz silver USA 🇺🇸 Flag.

Finally the 1991 Canadian  🇨🇦 1oz silver Maple bullion coin, mintage 644,300 coins. 

IMG_5007.jpeg

IMG_5006.jpeg

IMG_5003.jpeg

IMG_5033.jpeg

IMG_5034.jpeg

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5032.jpeg

IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

IMG_5040.jpeg

ed351393-721e-4b41-ae22-e6a644501178.jpeg

Great pickups, nice dog 🐕  @CoinStruck

15 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

Just a beautiful coin, I don't own the whole series. But I go for special pieces. Kind regards from Maxe.

image.thumb.jpeg.d37218254937e2b0976253aa468180c1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3d92823d04592bf53cf2797e841262e7.jpeg

Very nice, and great photography skills!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

20 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

Just a beautiful coin, I don't own the whole series. But I go for special pieces. Kind regards from Maxe.

image.thumb.jpeg.d37218254937e2b0976253aa468180c1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3d92823d04592bf53cf2797e841262e7.jpeg

I like Kooks as well.  Have you got a 2022 - that's my fave of the recent Kook designs.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

7 minutes ago, SilverRich said:

@MaxeBaumann If you ever find 5 minutes spare - Can you please send me a PM and let me know your "setup" for taking coin pics? Lighting, camera etc. Your images are always perfect. 

😀😀 @MaxeBaumann, don’t tell him , let him suffer😀👍, yes  @SilverRich your pictures are horrific 😀👍, I think mine are better 👍

14 minutes ago, SilverRich said:

@MaxeBaumann Wenn Sie mal 5 Minuten Zeit haben – können Sie mir bitte eine PM schicken und mir Ihr „Setup“ zum Aufnehmen von Münzbildern mitteilen? Beleuchtung, Kamera usw. Ihre Bilder sind immer perfekt. 

Hello, this is not witchcraft but actually quite simple and can therefore also be written here. I always take photos at a bright window, normal daylight. I don't have an expensive camera like the professionals. Mine is a Panasonic DMC-TZ 22 and I only use the automatic mode. And afterwards I edit the pictures a little with an image editing programme. But a steady hand when releasing the shutter is crucial. Greetings from Maxe.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

1 minute ago, Petra said:

🤔🤔well, here’s my bargain 1/4😮 never bought a non RM 1/4 before, probably never will again. Just the avalanche of junk mail etc. due🤔😮😮

IMG_0681.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

You shouldn't get any junk mail or calls from them at all unless you said Yes Please to this bit on the checkout. You did read the terms and conditions, right?

image.png.97f3ce7aa7099676499f23e0b0153756.png