• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Half Sovereign question

E1759

The coins won't come in capsules if they're bullion, unless the seller has added a capsule to the sale.

The finish on modern bullion sovereigns is usually very good - strikes are crisp and clear, although some find the colour to look a little odd due to the different mix of alloys used in the minting process.

2 minutes ago, E1759 said:

That's great, thanks for your help.

Buy a capsule at the same time. For the small amount it costs it is worth keeping the coin protected. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

If you think you may buy more halves or full Sovs in future that might need caps (like I have from here) it may be worth getting one or two extra in for 40p each (for the full from Atkinsons) - I'm constantly running one capsule behind at the moment!

3 hours ago, E1759 said:

I'm planning to purchase a 2017 Half Sovereign and was wondering what the finish is like on bullion coins. I understand the coins come in capsules, but are they still finished to a decent standard. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

I bought a 1/4 oz gold bullion Queens beast lion from Atkinson, it came in a capsule, the finish on the coin was excellent, no scratches or dings. 

Yes I have purchased from royal mint bullion. You pay more over spot but coin comes in a nice capsule and the coin I received was in very good condition. 

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

Archived