• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia 2017 release date?

Kman

3 minutes ago, ChardLizzie said:

Not really, half the office love it, half don't - but don't you find that is often the way with a new design?

The feedback I'm hearing atm is 9/10 don't like it, and the 1/10 think it's ok rather than positive about it 

The 2014 Britannia was universally liked, but that was just so elegant

The QB designs everyone really likes

Jody Clark seems to be able to produce designs that it's hard to deny their beauty. 

ps. As you can tell, I love Jody Clark lol. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kman said:

The feedback I'm hearing atm is 9/10 don't like it, and the 1/10 think it's ok rather than positive about it 

The 2014 Britannia was universally liked, but that was just so elegant

The QB designs everyone really likes

Jody Clark seems to be able to produce designs that it's hard to deny their beauty. 

ps. As you can tell, I love Jody Clark lol. 

Love the feedback and comments on these threads. Yes, I'm a Jody Clark fan too. Off for the evening, being called for a birthday dinner! Looking forward to reading more tomorrow :)

1 hour ago, ChardLizzie said:

Hi, so what are your thoughts on the new design? We like the way the dress flows into the lines of Great Britain but she looks a tad awkward and fierce, maybe she's getting ready for the Brexit negotiations?

Well if that had been the case as you said it wouldn't have been so bad...

Design_sketch.jpg

... but the first year student went with option 5. 

edit: or didn't get the support to implement option 1

http://www.royalmint.com/discover/britannia/my-britannia

9 minutes ago, augur said:

Well if that had been the case as you said it wouldn't have been so bad...

... but the first year student went with option 5. 

Is it wrong I kind of want to send him hate mail? 

I mean I wouldn't, but, it wouldn't be totally unwarranted :P 

I would love to see some of the designs they were given for consideration before choosing his. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Your talents are wasted KMAN, maybe the forum needs to nominate you for the next official artist (with that touch of help by Jody that you mentioned earlier)

It's what the RM is counting on...FOMO disease..Fear Of Missing Out.  Public Service Announcement: The easiest way to overcome this crippling disease is to focus on the other coins you know you want to pursue/acquire and if you pick these up on the off-chance that maybe they're moderately successful someday, then you just cut into your ability to pick up those solid performer coins (**cough** older Sovereigns **cough**) you had your eye on.

IMO, the mintages are low enough to sell out over time but this certainly wasn't crashing the RMs servers nor were people being put into a queue.  The real question is what will the coins do once they're sold out.  As @Kman mentioned earlier today, many recent Proof Brits (certainly not the 2014) can be had near their original asking price.  Still a pass for me no matter how many dealers or collectors say they're warming up to the design.  

I forced myself to not order and await the first Youtube movies. I will let the silver one slide. I've had a bit enough of the spotting problems on the RM proofs, but the gold one i'm still interested in. Maybe even the platinum. I don't know. Like i said, i first want to see the first movies and will then decide. Dough i have to say i missed out on the Lion QB proof and i'm a bit more tempted to buy that one first... Choices!! 

9 hours ago, Silveraaron said:

I pushed myself and got 2. I'm hoping the design is so bad that it only sells half the max mintage and becomes a key year. Long shot but who knows

Good luck with that strategy....because half the mintage is already in a very crowded number of about 5,000

http://www.mi-coins.com/silver-britannia-mintage-guide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_(coin)

The 1/2 oz and the 10th ounce gold proofs are 780 mintage so better than the platinum with the gold one oz the rarest of all at 280 followed by the 1/20th at 580.

6 hours ago, Oldun said:

@Kman  Give it a go Kman...apply..go on :)

http://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/jobs/freelance-artists-and-illustrators

looks like the RM is going full retard - does this mean they are opening the floodgates to a a gabillion different "one off special" designs ? Time will tell.

Is this why you were thinking Kman qualified? ;)

24 minutes ago, augur said:

I don't know who of you guys was it but the 20oz Britannias are all gone (250 + 100).

No other coin has even reached noteworthy sales levels, so far. 

Probably gone back into the melting pot...?

Archived