• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lighthouse L6 coin case

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any trays suitable for 10oz Perth Mint, Kook & Lunar coins?

Or is there a better option?

That's a difficult one Chris,I'm going to convert a Perth Mint wooden case which holds 18  2oz, lunars or kooks,which will then hold 12  10oz coins or 9 of the lunar 2 series 10 ozers as they are slightly bigger.

The other alternative is look around antique fares and see if you can find a nice box with or without drawers.

You can pick up the Perth Mint cases in Germany for around 50 euros plus postage,and they are top quality.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks motorbikz. I think the storage of these 10oz and 1kg isn't going to become fun in the future. Is a real shame they don't make any lighthouse trays for 10oz coins. Will measure up the sizes of some coins, maybe just an empty L6 or L12 case is a good option.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Thanks motorbikz. I think the storage of these 10oz and 1kg isn't going to become fun in the future. Is a real shame they don't make any lighthouse trays for 10oz coins. Will measure up the sizes of some coins, maybe just an empty L6 or L12 case is a good option.

Chris,

Lighthouse do coin trays that take coins up to 3 inches by 3 inches. Don't think they are for your case though, rather the stackable trays with lids.

Yes they do but unfortunately they don't do them in the coin trays.I'm sure it would be possible to do a 6 coin version,but I guess there isn't the demand from collectors.

Chris,

Lighthouse do coin trays that take coins up to 3 inches by 3 inches. Don't think they are for your case though, rather the stackable trays with lids.

Do you mean the tray things with plastic lids and maroon coloured felt? Those are stackable, or are they inserts for a different type of box.

I can't seem to find any 3x3 inch tray things that you speak of on the lighthouse website.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Do you mean the tray things with plastic lids and maroon coloured felt? Those are stackable, or are they inserts for a different type of box.

I can't seem to find any 3x3 inch tray things that you speak of on the lighthouse website.

Chris,

Here's the link to the one I saw in thecatalgue...

http://www.leuchtturm.com/epages/leuchtturm_eu.sf/seceNHpkmTyfb2/?ObjectPath=/Shops/leuchtturm_eu/Products/331319

Probably not what you're looking for but, I suppose it depends on the diameter of the 10oz coin.

Chris,

Here's the link to the one I saw in thecatalgue...

http://www.leuchtturm.com/epages/leuchtturm_eu.sf/seceNHpkmTyfb2/?ObjectPath=/Shops/leuchtturm_eu/Products/331319

Probably not what you're looking for but, I suppose it depends on the diameter of the 10oz coin.

Awesome! Thanks doogs!

Looks like these display boxes are stackable, and that you can also get an aluminium case for them to go in.

So this might be a good option, not so kean on the smoke felt lining though. I think the dark blue would have been a nicer colour than this maroon looking colour which looks a bit dated.

I think they also do these display boxes I grey, I will do some further investigation to see if this size is available in grey instead. And what prices are like.

Discounts / Offers

Anyone here that have considered making their own trays in plywood or Styrofoam boards, and get them flocked?

I was thinking of this, but not sure what materials would be the best.

Any ideas on this?

Anyone here that have considered making their own trays in plywood or Styrofoam boards, and get them flocked?

I was thinking of this, but not sure what materials would be the best.

Any ideas on this?

I would be interested in this as well I've got a spare Perth mint wooden box( 33cmcX48cms) for 18  2 ozers that I want to covert to take 12   10 ozers

• 1 month later...

Archived