• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Just want to get everyone's opinion

matrawr

So I recently purchased two Morgan dollars and want to know what people think as I've noticed some differences. Both are non magnetic however one slides down slightly faster (the darker one slides faster) and is also slightly thicker just want to know if I've been fooled or not! Let me know what you think.

IMG_20170702_133854.jpg

IMG_20170702_133819.jpg

IMG_20170702_133746.jpg

IMG_20170702_133735.jpg

Well the first thing I thought was odd was the mail I received came from Singapore but on the seller's ebay it said from USA feeling I may have to open a claim do I do that through eBay or paypal? I've messaged the seller no reply yet.

If bought from eBay you start the resolution process by giving as much information as you can, pictures help, as to why you believe the coin is a fake and requesting a full refund including all costs of shipping ( if you want ). eBay will likely ask that you return the coin to the seller but before you do so get the seller to agree to either prepay the return postage or agree to reimburse you. Even if the seller does not accept returns, if an item is "not as described", eBay will support you. Unfortunately you then have to wait and once this time has passed you can escalate for eBay to decide. Ensure ALL correspondence is through the eBay resolution section.

Both are actually slightly overweight which worries me, but its close enough it might just be your scales.

If you are returning this to Singapore, unfortunately you are going to have to send this back registered post otherwise this seller is going to claim he didn't get it back.

7 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

Both are actually slightly overweight which worries me, but its close enough it might just be your scales.

If you are returning this to Singapore, unfortunately you are going to have to send this back registered post otherwise this seller is going to claim he didn't get it back.

Yes but if he goes through the resolution centre the seller will be forced to purchase the return postage label via ebay. It just takes time. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Yes but if he goes through the resolution centre the seller will be forced to purchase the return postage label via ebay. It just takes time. 

It's changed for the better since I last had to do this then. As a buyer you are pretty much covered these days.

Matrawr, if you follow the process outlined above by Pete and your seller knows they sold you a fake i'm 99% sure they'll not want to go to the trouble of paying out for return postage and will refund you and tell you to keep the 'coin'

Thanks all bought from a seller called amiranade0 eho now has no listings and just found another seller with similar listings called ralphaywar-7 messaged both and neither have got back to me let me know what you think guys :/

19 minutes ago, matrawr said:

Thanks all bought from a seller called amiranade0 eho now has no listings and just found another seller with similar listings called ralphaywar-7 messaged both and neither have got back to me let me know what you think guys :/

Yeah, I think this guy is selling fakes.

They've sold a dozen or so in the last month, all in the £15-16 range with free international shipping.  Even for lower grades, way too cheap.

The fact they have absolutely no feedback for selling PM's is a red flag for me too.

Follow Petes advice above and open an Ebay resolution case for both immediately.

13 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

Yeah, I think this guy is selling fakes.

They've sold a dozen or so in the last month, all in the £15-16 range with free international shipping.  Even for lower grades, way too cheap.

The fact they have absolutely no feedback for selling PM's is a red flag for me too.

Follow Petes advice above and open an Ebay resolution case for both immediately.

Thanksfor your help guys will do and let you know of any updates.

I'm pretty sure if it's fake you do not have to send it back as it is illegal to send counterfeit goods via royal mail. 

I purchased some goods not long ago from eBay , they told me to send them back. when I pointed out to them this is illegal they sent me a form to confirm that I had destroyed the items and I got my money back

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/counterfeits.html

Also just out of curiosity if I were to come across a fake good enough to pass off as genuine and I sent it off for grading what would happen? I can only guess ngc or whoever would pick up on it right? Or would it still be graded and slabbed?

Just had a reply from the guy who sold me the coin. Should I lie to him then leave negative feedback?

i am sorry,any unsatisfy we promised refund,as return waste money and time,can i suggest i only refund for you.no need return,just hope you do not leave bad or neutral feedback for me,is it OK?many thanks

New message from: amiranade0 (23Yellow Star)

Archived