• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

fehk2001

The 35th Anniversary of Chinese Panda Gold Coins Issue

30 minutes ago, tbone said:

Even the Panda looks shocked at the price!

Dealers tend to increase the price when they have got hold of a new release like this, trying to maximise a large return. I believe these will be minted in numbers, so theoretically the price should drop over time, $2800 is just crazy, then postage and import fee, it will all add up

4 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

I believe these will be minted in numbers, so theoretically the price should drop over time, $2800 is just crazy, then postage and import fee, it will all add up

6000 of the 30g.  If it proves popular (35th and bi-metallic) we don't stand a chance of getting it at a decent price.

8 minutes ago, morezone said:

6000 of the 30g.  If it proves popular (35th and bi-metallic) we don't stand a chance of getting it at a decent price.

I thought they were minted in larger quantity, thats what i understood from the thread, but regardless of a lowish mintage i still think the price is far too high especially considering the Rwanda rooster has 100 minted and was $1000 less plus as i mentioned, the Libertad sets are also cheaper for more gold and a lower mintage, the price point doesn't make sense to me

17 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

@fehk2001 which chinese dealer?

17 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Which dealer?

I think they're the issue prices through the official CGCI dealer network.  I don't think we have any hope of coming anywhere near this price.

Just as a pure guess I'm going to estimate $450 to include shipping and payment fees and 3rd party dealer mark up.  Should be close to the 2017 auspicious culture series pricing but could end up being more.  It's higher mintage but higher worldwide collector base.

41 minutes ago, morezone said:

I think they're the issue prices through the official CGCI dealer network.  I don't think we have any hope of coming anywhere near this price.

Just as a pure guess I'm going to estimate $450 to include shipping and payment fees and 3rd party dealer mark up.  Should be close to the 2017 auspicious culture series pricing but could end up being more.  It's higher mintage but higher worldwide collector base.

Fancy one ? 

Edited by fehk2001

9 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Well the 1oz is $400 cheaper there than on luckpawnshop

Lucky isn't an authorized dealer (AFAIK) so he's flipping this coin.  In fact, nearly all his products are being flipped.  TBF, he's one of the more reasonably priced dealers out there.

2 minutes ago, morezone said:

Lucky isn't an authorized dealer (AFAIK) so he's flipping this coin.  In fact, nearly all his products are being flipped.  TBF, he's one of the more reasonably priced dealers out there.

Not saying anything against the guy, but as we are all trying to get the best price for anything we buy i was only saying that the HK dealer was $400 cheaper but it's still too much for me for an oz of gold and 12g of silver

8 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Not saying anything against the guy, but as we are all trying to get the best price for anything we buy i was only saying that the HK dealer was $400 cheaper but it's still too much for me for an oz of gold and 12g of silver

That price shown on the Chinese web site already inflated , org price was 15000 hkd so around 1500 pounds for bi

11 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

but as we are all trying to get the best price for anything we buy i was only saying that the HK dealer was $400 cheaper but it's still too much for me for an oz of gold and 12g of silver

I don't think we'll see them at a decent price here in the West.  I don't think any authorized dealers ship internationally and any which do will be a nightmare to deal with unless you are fluent in Chinese.  Coins which have been allocated for the Western market will be hugely inflated but can't really blame them really as some allocations are can be tiny ~5% so their supply is very limited.

I've heard that Taobao is already at $2500-$2800 range with original issue price of ~$1900.

54 minutes ago, morezone said:

I don't think we'll see them at a decent price here in the West.  I don't think any authorized dealers ship internationally and any which do will be a nightmare to deal with unless you are fluent in Chinese.  Coins which have been allocated for the Western market will be hugely inflated but can't really blame them really as some allocations are can be tiny ~5% so their supply is very limited.

I've heard that Taobao is already at $2500-$2800 range with original issue price of ~$1900.

So a curious question, can't we go direct to source who sell to these dealers?

4 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

My Chinese is a bit rusty :blink:

That's why it's so difficult when it comes to Chinese stuff.  We always have to reply on those who business is mainly geared towards the Western market.  

You could try China Great Wall Investment.  That's the international arm of CGCI and they distribute the coins outside of China.  Some links there to Western dealers but you could always ask them for more info. http://www.chinacoin.com.hk/