• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The 35th Anniversary of Chinese Panda Gold Coins Issue

fehk2001

41 minutes ago, morezone said:

I think they're the issue prices through the official CGCI dealer network.  I don't think we have any hope of coming anywhere near this price.

Just as a pure guess I'm going to estimate $450 to include shipping and payment fees and 3rd party dealer mark up.  Should be close to the 2017 auspicious culture series pricing but could end up being more.  It's higher mintage but higher worldwide collector base.

Fancy one ? 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Well the 1oz is $400 cheaper there than on luckpawnshop

Lucky isn't an authorized dealer (AFAIK) so he's flipping this coin.  In fact, nearly all his products are being flipped.  TBF, he's one of the more reasonably priced dealers out there.

8 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Not saying anything against the guy, but as we are all trying to get the best price for anything we buy i was only saying that the HK dealer was $400 cheaper but it's still too much for me for an oz of gold and 12g of silver

That price shown on the Chinese web site already inflated , org price was 15000 hkd so around 1500 pounds for bi

11 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

but as we are all trying to get the best price for anything we buy i was only saying that the HK dealer was $400 cheaper but it's still too much for me for an oz of gold and 12g of silver

I don't think we'll see them at a decent price here in the West.  I don't think any authorized dealers ship internationally and any which do will be a nightmare to deal with unless you are fluent in Chinese.  Coins which have been allocated for the Western market will be hugely inflated but can't really blame them really as some allocations are can be tiny ~5% so their supply is very limited.

I've heard that Taobao is already at $2500-$2800 range with original issue price of ~$1900.

Spoke to lucky to ask about a bulk purchase of 10 5g coins for the forum. His advise was wait as prices are way too much now and he thinks buying at these prices is a loser for forum members at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

So a curious question, can't we go direct to source who sell to these dealers?

CGCI, not really.  Dealers within their network, yes.

I believe this list is some of their official dealers within their network.  Good luck

http://www.shgci.com/search.aspx

4 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

My Chinese is a bit rusty :blink:

That's why it's so difficult when it comes to Chinese stuff.  We always have to reply on those who business is mainly geared towards the Western market.  

You could try China Great Wall Investment.  That's the international arm of CGCI and they distribute the coins outside of China.  Some links there to Western dealers but you could always ask them for more info. http://www.chinacoin.com.hk/

2 hours ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Im just getting the coinset..would love the bimetallic one but its little expensive ATM..

Probley get the bimetallic one once I cash in my etherum ?

Just buy all of them man no excuse 

1 minute ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Im trying my luck with the crypo ATM..metals are boring me to death...

Why not try some old coins they can be great , sometimes try to get a perfect coins is quite stressful especially Royal whatever mint 

Thing is with old coins it's very nische market and I know nothing about it..I remember first stacking and use to refresh the silver price on kitco every 5 mins getting excited if the prices moved up..5 years later silver cheaper then ever and possibility of most my metals milk spots toned whatever..not sure as I've never checked them..yeah the metals game is boring me..bought a half Oz gold tiger yesterday for £535 delivered and noone was interested in it for a week...that shows you how bad it's got..

1 hour ago, Silverstackeruk said:

5 years later silver cheaper then ever and possibility of most my metals milk spots toned whatever..not sure as I've never checked them..yeah the metals game is boring me..bought a half Oz gold tiger yesterday for £535 delivered and noone was interested in it for a week...that shows you how bad it's got..

Over the coming months I'm going to go through my collection and disposing of the items which I don't really need/want/collect any more.  No doubt some of it will be milk spotted and will now be worth a fraction of the original cost.

That 1/2 Tiger when priced ~£550 should have sold.  I was very surprised it sat around for so long.

At £1900 I may get the 30g.  Not too bothered if I don't but if it was available to be me £1500 then I'd definitely buy.  At 100% premium it is a very hefty outlay and with it being a quiet period in business, finances are tight.

Atm unless it's less then spot price nobody is buying.. obviously there will be a handful of collectors still buying to keep up with the sets me included but the  standard coins you have no chance of selling over spot...im talking eagle's maples ect..with the spot price as it is now this is becoming really depressing..I know it's a long term investment but I really don't see how the metals are going to increase...even if it went back to the all time high price of 2012 that's not really nothing to scream and shout about.. regarding the tiger coin I didn't really want it but it was rude not to buy at that price...?..

4 hours ago, Agpanda said:

I will wait until it comes down to 2000-2200 $, if it ever does

Over 3000$ is waaaay to much for 1oz of gold and 12g silver

there is a queue of people waiting to buy these bi metallic at the moment , the good thing is there isn't too many people in china population and not too many overseas ( double domestic population )

also this is the first time they have advertise panda coins from 6-8pm main channel

so if the price comes down it will comes down hard , that's a IF 

back in jan 2017 they have issue 600k set ,  1/10 gold and silver proof ounce for 238 pounds, all sold out

I shouldn't say too much.....amen

7 hours ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Just ordered a bimetal..€2100

Tried to talk myself out of it then realised money is there to buy and experience things not to sit in the bank..

Should arrive next week ..

Hopefully in time for panda edition labels?

I think I did put some bet on you will buy the bi metal :D

On 20/06/2017 at 13:40, Silverstackeruk said:

Just ordered a bimetal..€2100

Tried to talk myself out of it then realised money is there to buy and experience things not to sit in the bank..

Should arrive next week ..

Hopefully in time for panda edition labels?

Hi, would you mind to share where ordered the bi metal coin for 2100 euros ?   

7 hours ago, Silverstackeruk said:

I bought from my dealer in Germany..I don't think he sells them on his site as it is special order by email..he did say he can get more if needed..

His email is

Christian.Heuermann@t-online.de

He is the boss of silber-sammler.de

Thanks very much ! I will contact him 

Archived