• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi from the US

Jshumar

I am a collector of mainly US coins but also collect some foreign coinage. My main focus is on US large cents and Flying eagle cents but collect mainly pre-presidential coins. I also collect some world bullion such as pandas, etc.

Hope to throw some questions out their especially when it comes to some older world coinage.

Hello and welcome, I'm pretty sure you will get all the help you need on the forum, it's a massive advantage joining as a gold premium member, if you already haven't my friend,, iv not long since joined but already have been made very welcome by a lot of the members, they are all very friendly and help as much as possible, I'm more than sure you will enjoy the friendly banter and the very fair prices of silver coins,
Bullion etc, and maybe you can sell /trade etc if that's what your wanting to do, kind regards
Alan

Here's some American things I've picked up from a charity shop I think you guys call them thrift stores over there the mint set is a 1983 Philadelphia souvenir set not sure if there is any silver in there also not sure what the Washington mint coin is or the other things on the pics any help with values would be great.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11 hours ago, gavinfry said:

Here's some American things I've picked up from a charity shop I think you guys call them thrift stores over there the mint set is a 1983 Philadelphia souvenir set not sure if there is any silver in there also not sure what the Washington mint coin is or the other things on the pics any help with values would be great.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All of my pricing is done in US dollars so just want to apologize for that. 

The 1983-P Mint Souvenir Set is worth $80, this is mint set that could have been bought from the Philadelphia Mint as a souvenir and acted as a replacement because official mint sets were not produced in 1983 and a few other years. The bottom middle coin in the souvenir set is a bronze mint medal and there is no silver in the set.

The medal below the souvenir set is a White House/Seal of the President Medal and I can not find anything about it in my reference materials. I assume that it is some sort of souvenir medal and I would estimate the value of it to be around $5 but am not truly sure.

The 1979-S Type 2 quarter is worth $80 on the conservative side but think it is worth a little bit more with the DCAM attribution. All and all a really nice coin I would put into my collection.

The John Adams $1 coin is worth around $2, it is nothing special without having a true numbers grade.

The Kennedy Half Dollars are worth as follows: 1964 $8, 1969 $4, 1965 $4. From the pictures they looked in really good condition and are worth more then melt value so the prices I have given them are an estimate without being able to see them in person.

Lastly the thing that intrigues me the most besides the 1979 quarter is the Statue of Liberty Silver Ingot. With not being a US Mint product I had never seen one before but the information that I had found about it is most likely a commemorative for the 100th university of the statue of liberty's dedication. From the pictures it looks like a 1oz bar and should be serialized on the back of the bar. The only one that I could find is one on ebay listed for $35  so I would give an estimate on it to be around $30.

Hope this helps!

Hi man thanks for taking the time to research these items for me would you believe I paid less than ten dollars for all the items in the pictures your price guide is great it gives me something to think about when I list them on eBay I will let you know when I do if you're interested kind regards.

48 minutes ago, Silverhunter said:

The Kennedy 1/2 dollars I thought it was anything 1966 and before with a silver content?

US half dollars 1964 and before are 90% silver

Kennedy Half dollars from 1965-1970 are 40% silver

1 hour ago, gavinfry said:

Hi man thanks for taking the time to research these items for me would you believe I paid less than ten dollars for all the items in the pictures your price guide is great it gives me something to think about when I list them on eBay I will let you know when I do if you're interested kind regards.

No problem, let me know how you do.

Archived