• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Star Wars silver coins

Lanarth

I'd be a bit wary tbh. I bought the Yoda silver proof this time last year and they're now going on ebay at around the same price. From a fan point of view yes but from an investment point of view I don't think so.

These are often referred to as colorized coins and for the most part they don't do well long-term. I wouldn't say that is true in every case, but they tend to be more gimmicky type coins and the people who are willing to spend good money on coins aren't interested in these it seems. Check out eBay or some coin shows and see what colorized coins you do see and how well they sell. It could be a good way to gauge whether these will be successful.

I bought one on eBay turned out to be a fake eBay is allowing fakes to be sold even after I complaind best place to buy is off a trusted dealer I think they will never reach there full potential on the market but as a collector it is personal choice what you buy

Only buy it if you plan on not making any money on it and you really like Star Wars, this way if it does go up - only ++++++.
I have seen so many of these types of coins show up at local coin shows a few years after release for spot. 

I think if you're a SW fan boy who is also into PMs, picking one up for the collection/series sounds like a good idea.  If you're going to buy a tube or more with the hopes that these jump to light-speed in the future, be careful..."It's a trap".

Personally, I think there are better coins to spend your money on if you're hoping for appreciation beyond spot in the future.  Bu that's just my two Galactic Credits...

Archived