• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi from NSW, Australia

herne13

Hello Folx.

I am a 70 yr old male living in New South Wales, Australia and very new to numismatics, yeah I agree I have left it a bit late lol.

Whilst being open to many various coins I am particularly interested in  the coloured Lunar series 1, 2 and 3.

My preference is for Proof and Uncirculated and especially the Opal series.  Why Opal?  I just like the look of them and hope over many years they appreciate in value as they will go to my son.

Anything else you want to know about me please ask.  My real name is Alan.

Alan aka Herne.jpg

Thanks guys.  ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kimchi, NSW is not a bad place to live, I live in a very small rural village now, we used to live in Canberra but I would not go back there again, we love the slow rural life where we might only see 10 cars per day.  Peace at last lol.

6 hours ago, herne13 said:

Thanks guys.  ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kimchi, NSW is not a bad place to live, I live in a very small rural village now, we used to live in Canberra but I would not go back there again, we love the slow rural life where we might only see 10 cars per day.  Peace at last lol.

Lovely! Some of my folks were 'ten pound pommes' who settled in Sydney and Canberra, now some of them have moved further north, but lots of kids and grandkids in and around Sydney.

My cousin lives in a little place up there not too far from the coast, but I won't post the place in public just to be a bit private on this public forum :) Another relative was sent there during the war but came back after, so I don't mind posting where that was - Garangula if you've ever heard of it. Talk about rural!!!

9 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Hi Alan!!

i just joine myself. Been stacking for 3 years. No preferences!

Very jealous of your climate down there :-) 

MS

I dont think I will ever be considered a stacker, more of a coin collector on a very small scale :)

6 hours ago, herne13 said:

I dont think I will ever be considered a stacker, more of a coin collector on a very small scale :)

That's probably a better description for me to be honest. I don't buy bars only coins. My main collection is bullion coins gold and silver but I'm just moving into picking up some proofs. My only proof coin from Perth Mint is my 5oz Dragon and Nine Sons High Relief piece. I love the design!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Archived