• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Real or fake?

gavinfry

Hi fellow stackers I've only been collecting for the last six months and buy most things fron charity shops and car boot sales picked these up for £3.50 at the weekend but haven't got a clue if any are real any help would be appreciated many tanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, gavinfry said:

Hi fellow stackers I've only been collecting for the last six months and buy most things fron charity shops and car boot sales picked these up for £3.50 at the weekend but haven't got a clue if any are real any help would be appreciated many tanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Try a magnet on these ones..... keep your fingers out of the way.  Hope this helps.

You're lucky to pick silver coins up in charity shops as in my area they won't sell them. Think they get offered to a coin dealer first in case there's a rare one donated that's worth a few quid!

thanks for the replys guys i think i a am the only person in my area who picks up bags of mixed coins in my area found a 1902 gold soverign in one bag that cost me £5.00 also find silver spoons thimbles and jewellery very often. plus alot af very old coins

You need to get the World Coins Catalogue by Krause to check your miscellaneous coins.
Look out for an out-of-date copy ( that will be cheap ) since all your coins will be older than the copy publication date.
Terrific news on finding a gold sovereign - that's worth about £230.

Archived