• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Farewell & Nations set by Royal Mint

Aaron

Fellows, 

I am just starting to collect coins. Would anyone recommend this set by our friends over at Royal Mint or do you deem the price too steep for the little extra cross that's engraved onto the "old" pound coin? 55 quid are a lot of money for two 1 pound coins. ;-) Thank you!

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/U/UK16D2BU

I have no specific collection theme yet.

Thanks, Aaron

royalmint2.png

royalmint1.png

hmmm .... I know you are just started with collecting... So let me first say, if you really like these coins then go for it. Please don't get put off from my opinion :)

From a collectors point of view; These are not my cup of tea and like you said, they're a bit overpriced...
These coins are worth-less from my stacker/precious metals point of view. I'm not willing to give up £55 for some Nickel Brass! I rather convert my cash at least for 2-4 oz of Bullion silver or keep saving for a Half Sov or 1/10 gold coin.

I don't wanna slag off brass/nickel coin... There are some plenty cool collector coins around... But that's just my view / opinion.

In short, my vote is a big NAY, I'm afraid.

:)

All good.

My tip is to take your time to develop your collection.

You might have a feeling that you need to rush and buy this or that coin but I recommend to stay level headed. Keep on researching and study what is valuable for you in the long-term before you spend your cash.

Hang around on the forum for awhile to get a feel what you like to form your opinion for your collection :)

This is the best tip of one of my fav youtuber:

Hi Aaron ?

There are much nicer and cheaper nickel brass coins on the market other than these.  Don't see this set doing well.  The last round pound will prob go up once they're out of circulation.   These are well over priced as the last round pound on its own BU was only 10 quid.  

If your looking to go down the brass nickel route, try xmas 50ps. These tend to rise in value.  Or try these from pobjoy

http://www.pobjoy.com/products/view/falklands-penguins-50p-series-the-rockhopper-penguin-2017-coloured-cupro-ni

animals tend to do well and they cheap so worth a punt.

Archived