• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2014 Proof Britannia

Danny-boy

6e5yhu9y.jpg

Thoughts?

Comes in 1/40oz through 5oz silver (some only available in sets).

Personally, I think it's one of the most beautiful coins I have ever seen. Britannia looks like she has been modelled on Kate Middleton!!!

Against all I dislike about the RM, I'm seriously considering buying the 1oz proof.

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, one of the most beautiful coins. That picture is just a render, but I really hope the real one shows that level of fine details.

And it seems like I can see her arse right through the dress, even though it's just a silver coin. Is that weird?

post-140-0-65129000-1404289033_thumb.jpg

The Britannia 2014 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin
Rating0

0 reviews

£92.50

• One full ounce of 999 fine silver and a Limited Edition Presentation of 2,500
  • Designed by one of The Royal Mint’s talented engravers
  • With a stylishly designed booklet on the story of Britannia
Product code: BR14SO

I'm tempted to go for this..

post-140-0-50465200-1404289361_thumb.jpg

The Britannia 2014 Six-Coin Silver Proof Set
Rating0

0 reviews

£200.00

• Contains six Britannia coins in 999 fine silver, enhanced with a Proof finish
  • Just 1,750 of these sets will be available
  • Includes a booklet that reveals the story behind this flagship coin

I must admit I'm unsure which I'd go for.

I'm also wondering if they will be cheaper 3rd party, it's a gamble I guess.

I was thinking of the 1oz proof only as I'm thinking of getting a proof from each year back to 97.

Stacker since 2013

That is a beauty Danny, I have a few Britannia 1oz proofs myself but they are dear for what they are and I decided not to collect them. BUT I might buy this one its beautiful.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I'm tempted to go for this..

attachicon.gifBR14SS_01_white.jpg

The Britannia 2014 Six-Coin Silver Proof Set
Rating0

0 reviews

£200.00

• Contains six Britannia coins in 999 fine silver, enhanced with a Proof finish
  • Just 1,750 of these sets will be available
  • Includes a booklet that reveals the story behind this flagship coin

If I do buy anything I'll buy this set as it will stop me starting to collect the 1oz proof britannias,if that makes sense :lol: I'm glad the 5ozer is expensive as that's the only size of coin I have Zero of.

Its a beautiful coin but I am not interested at that price. I imagine it's too much to ask for that the design gets recycled and used on future bullion Brits.

Yes it is too much to ask, the bullion Brits design is now fixed and is not changing.

Stacker since 2013

I'm almost willing to pay £92.50 for the proof.

I have a feeling demand for this coin will be high, I have never seen discussion on multiple forums about a britannia design like this before.

Stacker since 2013

I think this will hold it's premium quite well in the after market.  Can't say the same for the other junk and commemorative rubbish the RM knocks out.

The 5ozwill be stunning.  Shame it's ££££. Take off 30% and I would be very tempted.

Just ordered the 6 coin set Danny,hopefully I'll get the set as I'm not too enamoured about this statement on my receipt

(Thank you for ordering from the Royal Mint. Your order is subject to availability.)

Looks like there is high demand for these coins

Anybody pushed that pre-order button yet?

I'm going to see if Chards gets them in.  They've had previous years with a small saving.  

I'm going to see if Chards gets them in.  They've had previous years with a small saving.  

You might save very little MZ Chards charge £9 delivery, RM have free postage on orders over £45,I'd be more bothered about actually getting the coin/coins as there looks likely to be heavy demand and not much prooduct.

You might save very little MZ Chards charge £9 delivery, RM have free postage on orders over £45,I'd be more bothered about actually getting the coin/coins as there looks likely to be heavy demand and not much prooduct.

I'm not fussed if I actually acquire this set. £180 or so, then yes.  Postage would wipe savings but the Sister in Law lives in Blackpool a few miles away so I'd have her pick it up.  If it was a must have, then I'd pre-order with RM rather than chance missing out.  I have a feeling that although it'll be in high demand, there'll be enough stock to go around for a while.

Just ordered the 6 coin set Danny,hopefully I'll get the set as I'm not too enamoured about this statement on my receipt

(Thank you for ordering from the Royal Mint. Your order is subject to availability.)

Looks like there is high demand for these coins

Yes, I got the same message.

It's a bit cheeky to take payment for something that's not specifically allocated in my opinion.

Stacker since 2013

Yes, I got the same message.

It's a bit cheeky to take payment for something that's not specifically allocated in my opinion.

What did you order Danny?

Archived