• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

Silverstackeruk

Becareful newbie stackers

6 posts in this topic

This is just a little topic for the newbie stackers out there..

When i first started stacking the most common way i would test my silver purchases was by using a magnet but now it looks like the counterfeiters have got round that...

Also buy your coins from a reputable sellers and beware of eBay...

When something is too good to be true it usually is and if someone's selling below spot price you should be wary..

All the coin designs are being faked now so here's a few i spotted.

Screenshot_2017-04-21-07-29-41.png

Only if you have something to compare it with..When i first started i never checked the coins as they go straight into storage..They could be loads of fakes in my collection tbh..Then again most were bought from reputable sellers and there were less fakes around then.now ever coin is being faked

It's worth mentioning that in pretty much all listings for fake coins on ebay, they illustrate generic images from the mints of the real things, or other photos of the real things. This is not to say what you will end up getting looks in any way identical to the real coin, or that they are so good that you can't tell.

Sometimes, like everything not just in matters of silver, new stackers starting off can be their own worst enemy on ebay and deserve a smack around the head rather than sympathy by being willing to buy from any far flung location just to chase a "bargain". An unwillingness to pay the going rates for your silver bullion is the root problem. And then they moan when some day they find out the "panda" they got for half price from where-ever-istan turns out to be fake. Silver is silver, newbies are more than aware it has a set value on any given day (expect to pay it!!), chasing something that is below that value and you aint getting silver. Stackers new to the game have no excuse from sticking with reputable dealers littered all over Europe and the US for mass produced bullion a small mark up over spot, when starting off. When you have been at it a while and have your knowledge of how the real thing should look and feel, the type of sellers you should avoid and the signals that something seems off in a listing, then you can use ebay confidently as a resource for stacking current or older bullion.

DavePanda, Silverstackeruk and vand like this

On 4/22/2017 at 15:54, swAgger said:

It's worth mentioning that in pretty much all listings for fake coins on ebay, they illustrate generic images from the mints of the real things, or other photos of the real things. This is not to say what you will end up getting looks in any way identical to the real coin, or that they are so good that you can't tell.

Sometimes, like everything not just in matters of silver, new stackers starting off can be their own worst enemy on ebay and deserve a smack around the head rather than sympathy by being willing to buy from any far flung location just to chase a "bargain". An unwillingness to pay the going rates for your silver bullion is the root problem. And then they moan when some day they find out the "panda" they got for half price from where-ever-istan turns out to be fake. Silver is silver, newbies are more than aware it has a set value on any given day (expect to pay it!!), chasing something that is below that value and you aint getting silver. Stackers new to the game have no excuse from sticking with reputable dealers littered all over Europe and the US for mass produced bullion a small mark up over spot, when starting off. When you have been at it a while and have your knowledge of how the real thing should look and feel, the type of sellers you should avoid and the signals that something seems off in a listing, then you can use ebay confidently as a resource for stacking current or older bullion.

Lots of those reputable bullion dealers also have eBay shops, I am one of them.  ;)