• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

PM stack size in relation to your other assets

vand

Everyone's situation is different, but  I was just wondering how large is your PM stack come to in relation to your....

1. Annual gross Household Income

2. Housing equity (if you have any)

3. Pension (if you have one)

4. General equities exposure (if you have any)

5. Net wealth (so all of the the above + any cash and other assets you may have)

For me, it is about..

1. 12%, but about 33% if you consider just my own income

2. About 6% (most of my income has gone to paying off my mortgage over the last 5 years)

3. 100% (I have no equity exposure, outside of my pension)

4. About 4%

I guess I'm fortunate that I'm starting to reap the rewards of having a savings/investment mentality for the last 20 years, even if I have mad plenty of mistakes over that time, I have acquired some assets a couple of months before I turn 40. It highlights to me that, while I have amassed a good number of ounces in terms of what else I have it isn't actually that large, and therefore I'm more than happy to carry on stacking heavily. I think 10% is a good ballpark to aim for.

Archived