• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

To The Royal Mints Credit..

Kman

I sent back a proof Queens Beast because it had a milk spot

I just got a letter from them with a £7 something check for my return postage 

I didn't even ask them to cover my postage

Very nice of them

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I know everyone knocks the royal mint, but there is never any argument with returns and its a damn sight cheaper than trying to return to China.

I have seen all mints silver coins develop milk spots from Maples to Pandas, That's the biggest reason why I will not collect silver numismatic coins and never get any coin in a slab, people need to appreciate silver, as a metal, naturally tones.    

@barney milk spotting is very different to toning imo , nice toning can improve a coin and looks natural and you can still appreciate the coin . milk spotting on the other hand is the devils work and completely ruins a coins appearance 

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

I'm still waiting on 2 of the 1oz proofs, judging from posts elsewhere i'm already planning in my head on sending them back (but i hope not)

maybe they're cutting out the middleman and not sending them at all?:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

but the middleman would be the seller in this case, i'm the end of the chain, in theory, all sellers are only middlemen :D

my use of "middleman" was simply an expression for the complete process of sending out the coins to the customer and then receiving them back as substandard goods. It wasn't intended to be taken lliterally:)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

This is not to the credit of Royal Mint at all, it should not have happened at all in the first place and this cheque refund to appease you should be the bear minimum to offer refund your postage costs as it was their mistake to begin with due to crap quality assurance internal processes to let this milk spotted coin out and they should be jumping through hoops to keep you happy as a customer.

It is very common for them to send out stuff not fit for purpose and you have paid well over the odds for.

They have long lost my custom as your experience is neither a rarity or exception.  My money spends anywhere and i have no intentions of ever returning to purchase any overpriced offerings

The more you guys keep lining up to hand over your fiat debt tokens to them the more things will stay the same and nothing changes, says moany northern Paul

It possibly works out cheaper for the Mint to have all their customers do the closer quality inspection rather than pay employees to undertake boring work.
Many customers will never bother to check their coins or if they see a small blemish will just accept it.
Those who perhaps purchase these coins as gifts will rarely have their friend or relative plucking up the courage to complain.
Returns therefore may be statistically small.
Sending return postage does not require a desk, supervisor, National Insurance, holiday & sick pay.
Only a thought !!

Archived