• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2016 Silver Stack Round Up

jayboat

As he title says, this is my 2016 silver stack round up. Woke early today and have been finishing off my  2016 excel sheet and getting 2017's sheet ready. Looking at the numbers, im very happy. I was able to buy alot at the beginning of the year when the price was down and got a few more decent orders in before brixit. I can see that i finished stacking my yearly mint releases in July with the libertad being the last coin release. I am hoping i can finish 2017 a little more early so i can buy some other stuff like bars are bits of gold before new coins are released in Sept. The i am happy is because as far as im aware i only take £30 out of my pay every week for silver but i have stacked 257 oz's with a complete stack avg of £16.20......... go figure :blink: My complete avg at the end of 2015 was £16.45 so im winning there.

Bargins were plentiful this year for me, on ebay i got a 10oz scottsdale stacker for £130, 2004 kook for £21.30, 98 brit for £21.99 and some good mixed coin job lots, all .999 bullion. Then there was that brittannia offer were a stamp website from Denmark i think, sold brit's for 19 euro each, they had from 1999-2005, then released 06+07 later on. I filled my boots with want i had in my silver account, i think they offered free postage for orders over 140 euro. Alot of people will remember that one, it was a very hot tread. I did my first swap and buys from the forum. Sovereignsteve swapped me 3 brit's that i needed to complete my date run in exchange for 3 brits that were worth more but i only paid 19 euro for so win/win there :) I got a tube of 2012 brits from a vat free Atkinsons offer which was nice, got those for £1840 each.  Got my second NGC coin from silveraddict90, uk lunar sheep for £30 posted and finally my first zombuck from moterbikez for £24 posted. Had a polish guy from work bought a 2008 5oz Libertad after we were talking about silver in work and when he moved back to Poland, he swapped it with me for 8g of herbal tabacco. He basically smoked a 5oz coin in 3 days and i will still have that coin in years. I also added a few SBSS coins this year as i have done all my ordering with Godlsilver.be. They seem to have a wider selection and are cheaper. My ordering this year has been better compared to others. 2013+2014 was mainly small order from ebay, atkinsons and a few uk off shore sites. 2015 was mainly STG and atkinsons and 2016 has been all goldsilver. Of course there are a few other under £25 buys here and there but always goldsilver for all bigger orders. 

So to sum it all up, i doubled up my stack in oz's, complete stack value is up 156% from 2015, completed my Britannia date run and have enjoyed every minute of it. Its really turned into a hobby investment for me now. On the forum every day, checking for bargins on ebay are for vat free silver from atkinsons every day, then watching videos and other stuff.

Its been a good year for my little silver stack. Whats your silver stack year been like?

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

Well.... ive mainly been learning (or trying too) i bought some at high prices and then discovered gs.be :D.

Ive stacked 165.5 oz of cheap stuff, mainly roo' s / phili's / maple's and oddments. Ave is £16.73 per oz

Then the nicer stuff ive gathered is-

2 x 2oz 09 kooks

Full set of privateers + spare siren

3 x lion beasts ( scrap grade though )

4th expo panda . Antique & silver.

40 × 2017 kooks in mint sealed rolls.

Destiny round set + spare bu.

Ms69 2013 panda.

Silver bugs Kraken round.

Ms70 first strike 2014 panda.

Next year ill be more " selective" and buy when the prices are good. Ive found ive rushed in abit at 1st ( like a giddy school boy :rolleyes:)

Hopefully i can lower the ave next year, ive already got my eye on a deal from a friend for some bars that works out less than £15/oz.

All in all.... slow it down and steady away next year. In it for the long haul so not too concerned at what ive paid upto now :ph34r:

Yup, very happy.

First year of stacking, so I went a bit mad and frontloaded a lot of my buying in Feb-Apr, but after that steadily cost-averaged for the rest of the year. 

800oz silver
1oz gold

Will probably go a bit easier next, year, but have comfortably budgeted for about 500oz (or gold equivilent). Bring on 2017.

10 hours ago, Bullionbilly said:

Well.... ive mainly been learning (or trying too) i bought some at high prices and then discovered gs.be :D.

Ive stacked 165.5 oz of cheap stuff, mainly roo' s / phili's / maple's and oddments. Ave is £16.73 per oz

Full set of privateers + spare siren

The privateers set is on my hit list but it'll prob take years before i find them all at decent prices, but thats the fun. Not a bad avg for your first year, its always the most expensive i think. Wish i had found goldsilver in my 1st year, that should help set you up nicely :) Get in a few good years before the effects of brixit come whatever they will be be in regards the vat free eu goodness we have now on coins. 

6 hours ago, vand said:

Yup, very happy.

First year of stacking, so I went a bit mad and frontloaded a lot of my buying in Feb-Apr, but after that steadily cost-averaged for the rest of the year. 

800oz silver
1oz gold

Will probably go a bit easier next, year, but have comfortably budgeted for about 500oz (or gold equivilent). Bring on 2017.

Its only gets better and more easy every year to stack. For me, i stack a certain amount of certain coins every year. With every order i will get me a treat coin like SBSS, superman, are something like that, a single coin. This keeps it more exciting for me. The kids also get to pick a coin each to add to their stacks. You will fall into a your own routine and your stack will grow very nicely indeed. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

2 hours ago, jayboat said:

Its only gets better and more easy every year to stack. For me, i stack a certain amount of certain coins every year. With every order i will get me a treat coin like SBSS, superman, are something like that, a single coin. This keeps it more exciting for me. The kids also get to pick a coin each to add to their stacks. You will fall into a your own routine and your stack will grow very nicely indeed. 

The more you stack the less you care what the current spot price is.. if you make the commitment to buy every month then the less your average price is dictated by whatever current spot price is. My spreadsheet tells me that I bought anywhere between £12.90 and £18+, but my avg price is £15.55... but, here is the kicker... spot price could move either up or down by quite a lot next year and it wouldn't really change my average stack price by more than 10-15p regardless, simply because of the ounces I have already acquired. It reinforces how regular buying smooths out the fluctuations in short term spot prices. 

Archived