• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fake Pamp?

rebnah

Hi people 

Just wanted to know if anyone here can tell me from the images if this silver Pamp is fake?

Ive compared it with my other Pamps and I can clearly see that the detail on this one is not as sharp as on my others? Like on the knuckles  at the bottom these are rounded where as on my other Pamps the knuckles all have shape to them?

The other thing is the serial numbers on the rear overlap the writing in the card where as all my others have a large gap in between the letter and numbers?

Ive also noticed that when you put it in natural light you can see a slight pinky discolouration in a few places on the silver? I doubt you can see this in the images.

My understanding though it could be incorrect is that these 1/4 ounce ingots where made in extreamly limited numbers and quite a while ago so is it an older design?

if anyone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Cheers

IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5331.JPG

IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG

1 hour ago, Pampfan said:

I have compared your bar to bar serial number 7 - which can been viewed on YouTube in the pamp suisse family video. 

It looks all good to me. 

Serial number print type matches that on yours.

Hope this relieves your worries.

Thanks for this 

Would you know why there seams to be some slight pinkish marks on the silver here and there? does this happen over time?

It was these small pink looking marks in places and the bottom detail of the knuckles that made me think.

I did also think why would anyone go to the trouble of faking this particular odd size too.

Probably toning I would think. 

Since it is a precious metal - it is subject to all the physical effects of its environment.  Maybe it was stored incorrectly or handled wrong when it was put into the holder.  There could be air leakage in the plastic seal. Many factors are involved. 

You can see some dramatic rainbow colors on us silver dollars that were stored away for decades.  These can bring high premiums to collectors of such.

On one of my 1/2 ounce gold fortuna bars, there is a red spot on the bar- must be some residual residue or something causing it as I have had the bar checked under a sigma Metalytics machine and it is real.

So, if the little pink spots bother you so much, you can always send it to me, I'll be glad to add it to my collection.??

Also, congrats on the addition to your family. 

1 hour ago, barney said:

Not sure if its fake or not, but have been looking for pictures of pamp 1/4 bars to compare with your pictures cant even find them on the pamp website? they do make a 1/4 ounce? I take it there quite rare

Yes as far as I can find out is they only produced 100 of these worldwide.

The only other one I've seen is on YouTube and is number 7.

Im currently in contact with someone in the states who is obsessed with Pamp and he tells me he has 3 but his numbers are in the 50's.

Im trying to buy one of them off him but it's tough lol

Pamp are strange in the way of when you contact them about a certain size that they no longer sell they remove it from their site.

I remember seeing it on there before I asked if I could still buy one.

the other one that I want is the Silver Fortuna 15g.

oh and the 1/4 Fortuna gold but I know it's a race between me and another member to find one of those.

That is still listed on their site.

See their item list below:

IMG_5304.PNG

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Hope it's not fake, you are very lucky to pick up such a low serial number

I got a 10g 2017 Lunar Rooster for Christmas and that's number 4. It was pure luck of the draw with that one.

Archived