• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Kookaburra 1oz Date Run - What Costs?

bullionbull

Hey,

Picked up a few silver coins recently at just above spot from a jeweller I know. There were a couple of Kookaburras in the lot, nothing old, just 2015 and 2014.

Anyway, they are in great condition, mint pretty much and I am considering collecting other dates for a bit of fun. I have a few listings I am watching on Ebay at the moment, but as I am new to this coin series, can anyone give me an idea of what I should be paying for each date (as far back as it goes). I know there are a few collectors of Kooks here, and can shed light on what the current price situation is on each date?

Any help is appreciated. :)

The 2 oz look nicer and are a shorter run, but you have to have a 1oz run as well if you like the kooks. Then you'll have to go onto the 1oz proofs and that will inevitably lead you on the the 2oz proof run!:D

It's a slippery slope;)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

10 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

The 2 oz look nicer and are a shorter run, but you have to have a 1oz run as well if you like the kooks. Then you'll have to go onto the 1oz proofs and that will inevitably lead you on the the 2oz proof run!:D

It's a slippery slope;)

Agreed....

The 2oz look amazing !

Chards (new website) have a couple of dates on sale at the moment: 2015, 2014, 2012 and 2009.

https://www.chards.co.uk/

They may not have transfered everything to the new site, so if you follow "Silver bullion" on the old one 24Carat one, you can find a Kookaburra 1 oz page. They are mostly tagged "Check for availability", but at least they are listed.

https://24carat.co.uk/index.html

19 hours ago, bullionbull said:

Thanks.

Chards have the cheapest options I have seen actually for a couple of dates. Never considered them before.

They tend to be good at what they do. Although I have only used them for bullion (competitive on the Sovereign), they also cater to the coin collector. As an aside, they have a very informative YouTube channel as well as investing guides and whatnots. Their stated policy is that an informed customer is more likely to buy more from them in the future, which was true enough for me.

5 hours ago, Vacendak said:

They tend to be good at what they do. Although I have only used them for bullion (competitive on the Sovereign), they also cater to the coin collector. As an aside, they have a very informative YouTube channel as well as investing guides and whatnots. Their stated policy is that an informed customer is more likely to buy more from them in the future, which was true enough for me.

Yeh they have some nice coins. Usually buy from Atkinsons, and the odd Sovereign purchase from Hatton Garden Metals, but will keep an eye on these now.

I completed a set by buying missing years from Heubach in Germany.
They carried a lot of years in stock and the average price was about £30 each but that was a while back so you need to check.
All the coins were new, even the earlier years.

Archived