• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What to do if you get a bad coin ?

Niels87

Today i got some new coins i bought from a well known dealer (not ebay or such) 
1 coin has a brown stripes over it, dunno what it is. 

What do you guys do in case you get a bad coin ? 
Do you contact them and try to get another one ? What will probably mean that i need to package this one and send it back. 
a lot of work for a few € (paid it 24.8 euro) 
Or do you just accept your loss and put it with the coins that have only spot price value ? 
This is the coin : shark.jpg

Same thing happened with my former order, there i got a tonished coin. (from another dealer)
in that case i didn't contact them. 

The front is toned and the back not (scratches on plastic)

elephant.jpgelphant.jpg

I didn't put the dealers name because i didn't contacted them and didn't gave them a change to put it right. 
On the other hand, they should see this at packaging right ? 

If you bought it for your collection then contact them but if you bought it as bullion for weight then it doesn't matter. Sharing dealer names with community would be helpful because  they don't care for their customers or they have issues with quality control.

I bought it for my collection. 

The tokelau great white shark is from goldsilver.be
After i made this topic i noticed there was another mistake. 
I bought the colorized monkey king coin but i got a kookaburra 2016 instead. 
I'm writing them an email right now, 2 mistakes on 12 coins is too much. 

The toned elephant was from thesilverhouse.be

I just sended GoldSilver.be an email, in a few minutes i already got a response back. 
I can change my damaged and wrong coin for 2 new ones. 

This is the reason i didn't want to put up their name before i gave them a change to set things right. 
After all still happy i found goldsilver.be

That's the difference between a seller who wishes to grow and retain business, keeping customers happy.
I had a bad experience with a UK coin seller who made too many excuses for not checking coins ( a few seconds look would have spotted the problem ).
That immediately placed this dealer on my blacklist and they must have lost out on several grand's worth of further business.
They still send me emails with new promotions but I just delete them.
To rectify the problem would have cost only a postage charge but this dealer was "too busy" to put right, so screw you !,  and they lost me as a good customer.

On 23.08.2016. at 18:55, Niels87 said:

I just sended GoldSilver.be an email, in a few minutes i already got a response back. 
I can change my damaged and wrong coin for 2 new ones. 

This is the reason i didn't want to put up their name before i gave them a change to set things right. 
After all still happy i found goldsilver.be

Because of their fast response I checked their site and made small order. I must say that they are fast in communication and fast in processing the order. I registered and ordered on 23rd evening, they processed it and I paid on 24th morning and on 24th afternoon it was shipped. Everything in less than 24 hours, I must say very impressive.

Just now, Gilver said:

Because of their fast response I checked their site and made small order. I must say that they are fast in communication and fast in processing the order. I registered and ordered on 23rd evening, they processed it and I paid on 24th morning and on 24th afternoon it was shipped. Everything in less than 24 hours, I must say very impressive.

I was impressed too.
I made the order on wednesday but i paid on Friday. 
The coins arrived on monday.

I don't know if you noticed but if you buy more coins the shipping price go down. 
Most dealers make the price go up if you buy more. 

I have always had great service from Goldsilver.be, but on the last order (various Somali Elephants), two of the 2013 coins were really badly marked. I emailed Eva at Goldsilver.be and was offered a €4 discount.... Following this offer I explained these were for a collection and as they were €30+ I would have expected better condition. Eva stated they never exchange coins and that I should check the terms and conditions of the website. Not impressive at all..... Unless they fix it they won't be seeing any more orders from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived