• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1.5 oz maples

nightowl

Hi all Please can anyone tell me wear you can get the capsules for the 1.5oz maples. 

I'm trying to find a post on hear that someone said that you can buy of a mint or supplier but I can't find it .

Can anyone help.

2 minutes ago, neo4516 said:

I am new to stacking and I like te look and price point of the 1oz but I have heard lots of complaints about milk spots. Does it effect the silver? Can it be wiped away?

It can be wiped away but it depends on what condition you want your coins. If you don't mind bullion grade the wiping them won't affect your resale expectations later on. I'm looking into buying an ultrasonic cleaner along with the correct type cleaning agent to clean my worst coins. Shouldn't leave any scratches. A bit more expensive than using a silver cleaning cloth but trial and error will find me the best result.

Well I am mostly looking for 

6 minutes ago, MickB said:

It can be wiped away but it depends on what condition you want your coins. If you don't mind bullion grade the wiping them won't affect your resale expectations later on. I'm looking into buying an ultrasonic cleaner along with the correct type cleaning agent to clean my worst coins. Shouldn't leave any scratches. A bit more expensive than using a silver cleaning cloth but trial and error will find me the best result.

Interesting a little in the look of them but largely on the silver itself I guess I will need to invest in some cleaning cloths then. 

26 minutes ago, MickB said:

Interesting. I have access to an ultrasonic bath but have no idea what cleaning agent to use.

There again, I don't have any coins with milk spots but I could set up as a milk cleaning business!:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

Interesting. I have access to an ultrasonic bath but have no idea what cleaning agent to use.

There again, I don't have any coins with milk spots but I could set up as a milk cleaning business!:D

eBay have detergents for ultrasonic silver cleaning. I was looking at some the other day.

1 hour ago, neo4516 said:

Well I am mostly looking for 

Interesting a little in the look of them but largely on the silver itself I guess I will need to invest in some cleaning cloths then. 

Cleaning cloths are quite cheap to buy. Usually only a couple of pounds/euros.

1 minute ago, MickB said:

eBay have detergents for ultrasonic silver cleaning. I was looking at some the other day.

Cleaning cloths are quite cheap to buy. Usually only a couple of pounds/euros.

There's a diffeence between cleaning silver in general and taking off milk spots.

Cleaning is usually tarnish removal but I far as I can tell by reading literature, milk spots consist of silver chloride which is notorious for being insoluble in most things.

We would need somthing that dissolves AgCl but not Ag metal:D

I would be wary of silver cleaning cloths as didn't someone here once say they heard about a cleaning lady who developed quite nasty skin lesions from long term silver polishing?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived