• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tip of the month July 2016 - Nanjing Panda series

In about a month the 2016 Nanjing Pandas will start to appear.

Copper 199

Brass 99

Antique copper 30

Antique brass 30

In 3 months 199 X Silver 60g

All medals are 45mm wide.

01dacb88dccc4a8c9a66b25067baa4e6.jpg

e91347c0d7ed073e02c8f041e9a54d18.jpg

7e7daf5c3d6bd585573747d0225cf60a.png

7a0b9d709f4d610186e98894a3f37f25.png

4ff49d5a335f586bb1426052aef737bd.png

Preorder from LUCKYMONEYRO luck pawnshop is now open with brass $100 copper $50. These are great opening prices and are likely to be a profitable buying level.

http://www.luckpawnshop.com/nanjing-mint-2016-panda-brass-china-coin-medal-p-579.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So that's $100 for a brass medal?

Brass and Copper are a good choice for this type of item. No silver spots)) and pure art numismatic play. They will be sold out at these prices and I have bought 3 of each and a pair of the antique versions. Silver 60g version is due in 3 months for those who like pm.

Chinese medals are NOT a bullion play but brass Chinese medals have sold for thousands of $.

They are expensive but most of that cost would be initial setup.  The mintages are so low that the cost/medal is really high.  I would prefer a higher mintage and lower cost.

I myself am waiting for the 60g silver one since I have the 1st issue in silver as well.  

1 hour ago, Deputydog said:

What is the cheapest way to pay?

Thanks

Deputydog

Luckpawnshop takes Pay Pal.  If your currency is not US$, then a credit card which is foreign currency fee free would be the cheapest way to pay.

I usually pay with PayPal anyway even though it's not the cheapest as I collect Amex miles which I use to buy business class flights mostly for my family so to me it's worth the premium.

My mistake, the copper and antique are sold together not separate.

I think lucky is charging $500 for the set. It's a good buy potentially as the 2014 ones with the same mintage did very well.

There is a pair of the antiqued copper on sale now

4fc2a2c76ea185109ece4ad095b39cbd.png

And some sold copper graded one at 70 and one at 69... Bear in mind the mintages are higher for the brass and copper 2014 too. Makes the 50 and 100 pre order price from lucky a possible bargain.

7a7326232bfdd00954c3e304faea0cb5.png

45a257961a79925396c2945776eb2b95.png

Hi, tempted to buy another set of the antique versions for a flip or should I go for the 5oz dragon and nine sons coin from EMK, says 1000 mintage, my understanding it is 500 for the one they are selling and 500 for the privy version.

Is the silver version one the design you were promoting a while ago?

Decisions, decisions.

I am focused on:

Dragon and Phoenix

Nanjing Pandas

Panda Lunar ... Next up Rooster

There is also whispers of the return of baby panda as a series.

6 hours ago, Deputydog said:

Hi, tempted to buy another set of the antique versions for a flip or should I go for the 5oz dragon and nine sons coin from EMK, says 1000 mintage, my understanding it is 500 for the one they are selling and 500 for the privy version.

Is the silver version one the design you were promoting a while ago?

Decisions, decisions.

Personally I'd go for the ultra limited mintage Chinese medals. I don't think the 5 oz Chinese Mythical Beasts has done too well so would guess this one wouldn't either. Just my impression, I haven't done extensive research so DYOR

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

@Numistacker When I first saw this thread I did wonder if your "tip" was because you had some financial motive in plugging this company and these items. It seems my gut feeling was correct.

Now I have seen your other thread on the Nanjing Mint, where you are in essence acting as an "agent" for the company, I think it may be prudent in future that you mention this, especially for any newbies that are arriving on this site, (or even us oldies who had never bothered to read or seen your previous thread on this company). They may have assumed you were just some friendly poster who had spotted a good deal, especially when you used the word "tip" which indicates normally that a bargain is to be had on a future winner.

I see nothing in this thread that would indicate to a newbie that you "have reached an agreement with the distributors to offer certain medals that I think have a particular interest here in the UK and Europe to those who are interested"

Now this may be an oversight on your part, but may I humbly suggest that in the spirit of openness, that any future posts regarding this company from yourself does include a disclaimer, and the title of the thread does not include wording that could be misconstrued as misleading. 

@Numistacker When I first saw this thread I did wonder if your "tip" was because you had some financial motive in plugging this company and these items. It seems my gut feeling was correct.

Now I have seen your other thread on the Nanjing Mint, where you are in essence acting as an "agent" for the company, I think it may be prudent in future that you mention this, especially for any newbies that are arriving on this site, (or even us oldies who had never bothered to read or seen your previous thread on this company). They may have assumed you were just some friendly poster who had spotted a good deal, especially when you used the word "tip" which indicates normally that a bargain is to be had on a future winner.

I see nothing in this thread that would indicate to a newbie that you "have reached an agreement with the distributors to offer certain medals that I think have a particular interest here in the UK and Europe to those who are interested"

Now this may be an oversight on your part, but may I humbly suggest that in the spirit of openness, that any future posts regarding this company from yourself does include a disclaimer, and the title of the thread does not include wording that could be misconstrued as misleading. 

You have overreached yourself with this one HT. I feel abused hurt and upset.

I remember in my first dealing with you I bought some half Sovs and I resold them and passed you back half the profit as I felt guilty.

I put in a lot of effort here because I enjoy this forum and this hobby. If I get this kind of abuse here again I will leave simple as that.

Let me make this very clear... Very.... Extremely and I do not want an apology from you because frankly the abuse has been done and what you have said to me is deeply insulting.

I have no tie in with the Nanjing mint and I am not selling these medals or pre ordering them. I am buying some with my money because I like them and I consider they will make me money.

This is a genuine tip which is why it says tip!!!

You have put two and two together and made 5 unfortunately and assumed that because I also sometimes offer things as a pre order that my tip is tainted with some kind of poison.

You my friend are about as wrong as can be. There is a tendency in forums for regular posters like you to act like you have done and use some moral justification as a way of hiding abuse. All this does is make the forum a negative and unpleasant place to hang out.

So - for the avoidance of doubt the situation is that I am not an agent for anyone in relation to the Nanjing Pandas. If I was acting as an agent I would make that extremely clear as I have done in previous posts.

I am a buyer of these medals. If anyone reading this wants to buy them then they all welcome to buy them wherever they are being sold and I am not involved in any way.

I do act as I'm agent for Chinesemedals.com who do not have this series at all (Nanjing Pandas) only in relation to the panda Lunar series and the Dragon and Phoenix series.

For those of you that are interested, you may wish to know that I lost money on the Dragon and Phoenix preorder that I recently did due to exchange rates and duty and vat.

The only money that was made from this pre-order was the potential money made by forum members who took advantage of the preorder and now have items that are worth more than they paid.

I'm afraid you have misread by post. I did not say you were an agent I said you were in essence acting as an agent, only because in a previous post you claimed to have arranged a deal with a distributer for Nanjing mint medals.

My only suggestion was that perhaps the title of the thread could be misconstrued.

I'm sorry that you have not taken the post as it was intended.

In essence acting as an agent is pretty much the same thing as it casts a huge doubt on my personal honesty and integrity.

The essence of your comment was that I was trying to hide something and this is simply inaccurate. I made it extremely clear when I was acting as an agent and I don't really think I could have been clearer.

I think the problem is (for me anyway) that when you see a medal (not a coin) for sale made out of brass and copper (not pm's) made by a Chinese mint you've never heard of, your first thought is "who would buy this rubbish and why does it cost so much" 

^ Basically we're biased against it because it's not a PM

That leads you to assume anyone pushing it must have an agenda 

But I can also appreciate I'm ignorant about their collectability, they aren't really anything to do with pm's and they're their own unique thing

I wouldn't take anything too personal Numi, just put it down to a bit of bias (against non pm's, not you) 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I have reread your post a few more times and to me at least it is very clear that you believe that my tip post should have had a disclaimer on to say that I was acting as an agent in someway.

However since I am not acting as an agent in any way and since this is a genuine tip, I cant see why this post should have had this type of disclaimer.

I effectively tipped the gold Britannia 2016 this month as well. Am I acting as an agent of the Royal Mint as well?

If you feel strongly about something on a forum and it relates to the honesty or integrity of a member the correct thing to do is to use the PM system if that is not appropriate to contact a moderator and ask them to make contact and find out more information.

I think the problem is (for me anyway) that when you see a medal (not a coin) for sale made out of brass and copper (not pm's) made by a Chinese mint you've never heard of, your first thought is "who would buy this rubbish and why does it cost so much" 

^ Basically we're biased against it because it's not a PM

That leads you to assume anyone pushing it must have an agenda 

But I can also appreciate I'm ignorant about their collectability, they aren't really anything to do with pm's and they're their own unique thing

I wouldn't take anything too personal Numi, just put it down to a bit of bias (against non pm's, not you) 

That's a bit like saying that anything that is not spot +2% is nothing to do with pm's.

I love collecting gold and silver. Anything that's is spot plus > 3% is Numismatic.

Lots of people here from what I see absolutely adore Numismatic items that have a premium. Brass and Copper medals are perhaps the ultimate Numismatic items as they have very little intrinsic value yet do have a premium that relates to Art and rarity and history and mint.

3 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

That's a bit like saying that anything that is not spot +2% is nothing to do with pm's

I think most people come to PMs for the PMs then fall in love with some numismatics

I like gold and silver first and foremost, I like it best in the form of beautiful coins

Non PM's don't fit in to that, might as well have a little copper statue 

Just personal bias because I know medals etc do still technically fall under numismatics, just doesn't fit in to my bubble 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 minutes ago, Kman said:

I think most people come to PMs for the PMs then fall in love with some numismatics

I like gold and silver first and foremost, I like it best in the form of beautiful coins

Non PM's don't fit in to that, might as well have a little copper statue 

Just personal bias because I know medals etc do still technically fall under numismatics, just doesn't fit in to my bubble 

From what I have seen there are "things I trade" and "things I treasure or collect" and some have feet in both camps or things switch from one to the other. I am in both camps as I use PM stacking to build some wealth which I would not have. Sometimes what I buy is absolute bullion (rarely) sometimes semi-numi bullion (mostly) and occasionally its things I just enjoy looking at and owning. I got interested in Chinese MCC first with Pandas and then Lunars and then Medals or non-fiat coins. Its a young market relatively and one I find interesting in terms of stories and characters and its finding its feet at the start of Chinese growth. I have not really sold yet much of the Chinese I have bought so I don't know if it will be a great investment but I do keep an eye out on sales prices like I am sure you do and I can see a growing interest and that it is at the early stage of the mainstream.

Historically being at the early stage of something has often been very rewarding but I am very careful to only ever buy what I truly like and recommend only what I think others will like. Also I am conscious that sometimes I get to hear about stuff before its widespread knowledge and I like to make sure those on the forum know if I have spotted one of those things.

Interest in Chinese medals is a minority pastime (some of these medals have only 30 minted! so there is a limit to how many can buy) but think at least 15-20% or so of our active premium members here are very into them and perhaps more are interested occasionally or in passing.

I'd just like to say thank you for the information provided by@Numistacker I have not bought any Chinese medals although I do like them and first heard about these from his post and videos and would possibly purchase some at some point..  I'd also like to say I've found @Numistacker to be extremely helpful whenever ive asked questions or needed help and has personally helped me in acquiring a coin from the US saving me an import fee on the coin and not asking for a penny... Stand up guy!!

must admit i really like these chinese medals , if i could afford more i would certainly buy more . i dont buy primarily to make a profit and sell on, i buy because i like the item and want one for my collection . ive only purchased silver but ive no objection to the brass or copper being posted and actually like them.

ive also no objection to @Numistacker making a few quid when he sources these medals/coins (if he does) as he has said if you want to buy one you are free to look for yourself and see if you can source one cheaper elsewhere , and im sure before purchasing 99% of us do 

and in the past when ive asked numistacker where to source  medals he has pointed me in the direction of a few sites and sellers which are nothing to do with him .

personally i would like to see him carry on posting these medals as even though ive only bought a couple i do like seeing them (whatever they are made of)

i purchased the dragon and pheonix tri metal from him and i would say it is right up there as one of my favourite items in my collection and was happy with the price he offered it at . 

Archived