• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2oz silver Queens beast coins

rebnah

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, not overly impressed with the Queens beast, Griffin coin. But it still is well done. I'll try and get a Gold 1 oz, a graded 2 oz silver, and maybe a tube. I'll wait till early 2017 for the gold coin to hopefully go down some on the premium.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, wonderhandz said:

I'm sure the 2017  Lions are the proof versions.  

Silver will be available in:  1oz, 5oz, 10oz, and Kilo.
Gold will be available in:  ¼oz, 1oz, 5oz, Kilo (Kilo @ £49,995)

• 2 months later...

Question about the beasts : 

Do they keep making them endlessly ? 
Or they only make them for a year ? 
For what i can google i can not find a mintage number of these coins. 

Just wondering if i keep 1 for my collections or if i buy more to sell later. 

they're already getting ready to release the 3rd coin in the series, the Dragon.

Premiums on this series have already fallen through the floor. People who piled in on the release of the first coin and their extortionate premium were well and truly suckered.

On 3/10/2017 at 04:33, Niels87 said:

Question about the beasts : 

Do they keep making them endlessly ? 
Or they only make them for a year ? 
For what i can google i can not find a mintage number of these coins. 

Just wondering if i keep 1 for my collections or if i buy more to sell later. 

I recall hearing an unlimited run for the BU which would be a shame.  It appears most of the major online dealers still have the 2016 Lion.  They're producing 8000 of the 2017 Lion Proofs which from what I hear from more seasoned collectors/investors is probably a bit too high (given the cost) to attract a lot of attention.  As far as quality, I have the two already released and the red dragon on the way.  Both have small scratches on the Queen's cheek (almost in the exact same spot).  I think another forum member hit the nail on the head...portions of her portrait may be in higher relief and thus exposed to potential scuffing and scratches.  Hope this helps.

Anyone with a Royal Mint QB screw capsule able to help?

I need a few measurements of the capsule. Width of base and top. Thickness and also thickness up to the overhang.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, morezone said:

Anyone with a Royal Mint QB screw capsule able to help?

I need a few measurements of the capsule. Width of base and top. Thickness and also thickness up to the overhang.

Thanks.

sorted

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I just learned the Queens Beast idea has been done before on coins

Can't say I have ever heard of the Turks and Caicos Islands but the designs are pretty cool no? (can't be bothered to find all of them)

Edit> link to see all of them https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?mode=simplifie&p=1&l=iles_turques-et-caiques&r=1978&e=&d=&ca=3&no=&i=&v=&m=&a=&t=&dg=&w=&u=&f=&g=&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&tp=y&tt=y&te=y&cat=y

griffin.jpg

lion.jpg

dragon2.jpg

dogcrown.jpeg

bull.jpg

unicorn.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 hours ago, Kman said:

Can't say I have ever heard of the Turks and Caicos Islands but the designs are pretty cool no? (can't be bothered to find all of them)

Edit> link to see all of them https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?mode=simplifie&p=1&l=iles_turques-et-caiques&r=1978&e=&d=&ca=3&no=&i=&v=&m=&a=&t=&dg=&w=&u=&f=&g=&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&tp=y&tt=y&te=y&cat=y

and royal mail stamps 

also royal mint coins before

https://www.chards.co.uk/whole-coin-set/uk/2004-gold-proof-pattern-set-beasts/2418

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

4 hours ago, Kman said:

griffin.jpg

lion.jpg

dragon2.jpg

dogcrown.jpeg

bull.jpg

unicorn.jpg

Ma-shops would be the best place to find them. I'm pretty sure I have seen them on that platform a couple years ago.

Archived