• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ordering from the US to the UK

jayboat

Hello, 

This is something i have been looking to try for a long now, maybe 18 months but i cant seem to pluck up the courage to pull the trigger. I have dozens of times filled the basket at one of the US dealers with everything i cant get over here, decent rounds and bars. We are very limited to what can get at a decent price in the UK. Even with vat taken into account, the prices are still ok. That can be overlooked for the selection of stuff you get. The killer for me is postage. For me to be able to justify the postage cost, i would need to put in a £1000 order. My norm is around £500, so that would mean saving twice as long the make an order. 

Just really looking for someone who has ordered and received silver a few times from the US to share some wisdom. Cheap shipping, cheap transfer from £-$ (I have transferwize), best places that do not mark there parcels bullion if there are any, all that stuff. The stuff you cant find in guides, first hand experience. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

I've bought from American sellers on ebay and noticed mostly due to cost but I've learnt to accept paying higher prices to get something I can't get over here though I still try to watch the price! But higher average will have to do.

15 hours ago, Bosse68 said:

Best way is to get someone in US to buy the things for you

Then have them to ship it to you privetly

I have a cousin living in Texas, that's a good idea you had there. 

The only other thing i could think of would be a pool of people putting in 1 massive order. But i guess that would unlikely with trust and putting someone in charge to take care of money and take charge of re-posting, ect, ect. I think getting them sent to my cousins house and having her forward the package on to me would be more easy :) 

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

3 hours ago, Bosse68 said:

I have a contact in the US doing it for me

Works just fine, no problem ever

I have saved a lot of money + got some pandas that where sold only to US

Do you ever get them through vat free buddy? Just out of interest :D

From my experiences from selling on Ebay I have found that most everything is based off of the value, the declarations and if it is merchandise or a gift. If it is marked as a gift, the paperwork for the sender, at least when via US Postal Service, is much less and easier to fill out. Website to calculate prices for the US Postal Service is:

www.usps.com

Thanks for the replies guy. I have already facebook'd my cousin and she's cook with it. 

I will trying this out for my next order in 5-6 weeks. I had to put in a decent size order in Tuesday night before voting was done and silver money fund is empty, lol

I have had my eye on the silver shield bankster 4 coin collection for a while, i'll get prop more rounds and uk rare bars. 95% of my stack is goverment bullion. I so excited now :)

• 3 weeks later...
On June 23, 2016 at 16:09, jayboat said:

Hello, 

This is something i have been looking to try for a long now, maybe 18 months but i cant seem to pluck up the courage to pull the trigger. I have dozens of times filled the basket at one of the US dealers with everything i cant get over here, decent rounds and bars. We are very limited to what can get at a decent price in the UK. Even with vat taken into account, the prices are still ok. That can be overlooked for the selection of stuff you get. The killer for me is postage. For me to be able to justify the postage cost, i would need to put in a £1000 order. My norm is around £500, so that would mean saving twice as long the make an order. 

Just really looking for someone who has ordered and received silver a few times from the US to share some wisdom. Cheap shipping, cheap transfer from £-$ (I have transferwize), best places that do not mark there parcels bullion if there are any, all that stuff. The stuff you cant find in guides, first hand experience. 

I'm from USA I'll be happy to trade or buy and sell.  I'm not interested in making money I'm looking for someone that needs something this side and I help out and you help me with the queens beast that will be coming out or other coins. 

17 hours ago, Thomashogan640 said:

I'm from USA I'll be happy to trade or buy and sell.  I'm not interested in making money I'm looking for someone that needs something this side and I help out and you help me with the queens beast that will be coming out or other coins. 

That's a really good offer. I would have thought that beasts would be cheaper your end, the same way that eagles carry almost no premium here. I need to get 20 more brits to hit 100 this year, than i'll saving for a big order from the states. I will end up going with my cousin because it will be more easy for me plus i want her to post me a few others things.

I think there was a guy on here selling 100 of those beast coins recently, there's a chance for a trade. I would assume if you were looking UK coins at a fair price are trade, there would be a number of people on here willing to do that. 

On 2016-07-15 at 08:54, ikeonet1 said:

I've shipped some stuff to the UK before approx 12 oz. All declared as collectibles in a private sale. No issues and it got there pretty fast. 

What value did you state on the shipment?

• 3 weeks later...

Good idea to deal with a family member if you do not have a good contact in the USA. Through the forum I was able to source a pamp bar that is not sold in the USA.  It is very frustrating looking on a website and seeing what you want but they don't ship to your country.  It's right there before you.  Especially the .3 and .5 gram pamp gold fortuna bars only being sold in germany.  Saw them on eBay Germany with the seller saying they don't ship to the USA.  I was so pissed - I decided to buy them anyway and then contacted the seller to negotiate the shipment to the USA.  I got it done and got both of the bars I needed.

That's What collecting is all about.   

I bought my 20 britannia's, only problem was they were on offer at atkinsons so i got 18x 2012 and 2x 2011's. There choice but for £18.20ish an oz it was a no brainer. Still need my 20x 2016's before i start saving up for this one. I have already asked my cousin and she says it ok if i buy her a coin. Filling lots of shipping carts to compare prices :D 

• 3 months later...
On 6/23/2016 at 16:59, Bosse68 said:

Best way is to get someone in US to buy the things for you

Then have them to ship it to you privetly

There are a lot of shipping facilities that can do the same. I have a friend in Korea who buys bullion on US webrites this way.

With having it sent as a gift you always have the possibility of them opening it and calculating the true value.

I was wondering about sending things as returned under warranty?

This way you can declare the correct value of the package and it wont cause problems should you have to claim on insurance.

Anyone tried this? Was going to ask on here a few weeks back but wasn't sure if it was against forum rules.

Archived