• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Keeping your investment safe from divorce?

My point is you're not compatable. If she is an outgoing party type, doing what you've said and not investing for the future, little by little, and you are....then you're not compatable and you've both picked the wrong partner.

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

There is no one else involved, so she says via her facebook

Am I the only cynic not believing? Keep us updated on that Facebook status Steve :D

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

Another point on the trust and marriage thing.

I have just found out today (via my wife as it happens:lol:) that a girl who used to work for me (recently moved on to the private sector) has just told her husband she wants a divorce, right out of the blue. There is no one else involved, so she says via her facebook. They are (were) childhood sweethearts and have been together for 15 years, married for 10, with 2 small children aged 6 and 4.

Just a couple of months ago my wife tells me she was gushing out love and affection for her hubby via her facebook on their 10th anniversary, love you forever etc etc

She has shown me his facebook announcement and he's completely gutted as you can imagine.

And people argue with the statement that you can never completely trust someone?

I'd bet that somebody else is involved and it is somebody the husband knows.

On 6/6/2016 at 17:40, forgottenmemorie said:

Very Smart Man.

We all have car insurance, not because we envisage a crash.

But in event something happens we are financially sorted.

I'm taking about coins because its something that we collect personally.

We collectors / investors spend our money on coins..

We are careful how we allocate our money.

Your partner may spend her money every month on Designer handbags, Nights out, Lavish Clothes, Expensive Fragrances, Salon, Sunbed  etc.

But when you divorce she will want your coins even though she never expressed any interest in them prior.

Regardless of the fact you saved every month to buy them. While she squandered her portion of funds.

Food for thought.

That's OK, because you may be entitled to a share of her:  Designer handbags, Lavish Clothes, Expensive Fragrances, etc.

2 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

That's OK, because you may be entitled to a share of her:  Designer handbags, Lavish Clothes, Expensive Fragrances, etc.

But they'll be classed as necessities and you'll have to keep forking out after the divorce to keep her in the manner to which she's been accustomed.

She will argue she was merely spending on these necessities to keep herself beautiful for you:lol:

You were buying investments for the future that she has a right to share.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 4 weeks later...

Archived