• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cheap Britannias

HighlandTiger

12 hours ago, ikeonet1 said:

Anyone with extras interested in selling a couple BU ones? I'm looking for 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 shipped to US?

Sorry I missed the rush and only the 2000,2002,2004, 2006 and a 2003 were left so I didn't bother buying spares or I'd have sold you some at cost plus shipping.

I emailed them yesterday, since I didn't even know if they had noticed my paypal payment, and received a very prompt reply with an image of the tracking page.  This arrived just after they had turned up with the normal post.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Straightforward as in 3 or less of each coin?

If that's the case then no, one order had 8 X 2007 in it.

did they hum and ha about filling it?

No buddy, they didn't say a word about it.

I think I may have sneaked in just before the restriction.

Stacker since 2013

Just received my last order of 5 coins from them 30 minutes ago. All came in OMP this time, already swapped into quadrum capsules. Last time, they arrived in over sized capsules. I got x3 2005 and x2 2006. 

1 of the 2005 has some bad toning on it, its only on the rim of the coin and both faces are fine but looks like someone has burnt it, haha. 1 out of 18 coins is'nt bad and i will never complain at the price paid. Tempted to even put in another small order for the remaining dates. :)

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

2 minutes ago, sg86 said:

Am i too late to this party? :(

Seems there aren't any 19quid ones left?

If you create your account then the page changes showing the £19 amounts, you should still be able to buy 2000, 02, 04 and 06, all the ones with the same design the unique designs seem to be the ones that went first.

25 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

If you create your account then the page changes showing the £19 amounts, you should still be able to buy 2000, 02, 04 and 06, all the ones with the same design the unique designs seem to be the ones that went first.

Yea i see, i may grab them anyway but it was the other designs i would have loved. So gutted!

--

edit: I purchased 2 of each of what was left. If anyone notices the others back in stock and don't need them themselves, please PM me!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

11 hours ago, motorbikez said:

@sg86 They have none of the non standard Britannia designs left & aren't able to get anymore I was told.

I should bloody well hope not. These coins are limited mintage/availabilty and need to remain that way;)

I'd be worried if they could go out and re-stock at will.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 5/14/2016 at 09:02, HighlandTiger said:

My first order was placed on the 3rd, and I received it on the 9th (6 days)

I placed a second order on the 6th, still not arrived. (8 days and counting), however 7 WORKING days does give it till Tuesday to arrive.

My second order arrived today. Three of each of the standard year they had, (6 working days delivery). 3 of the years still in OMP, the other one in capsules. No toning or anything. Very happy again.

:)

Second delivery arrived so all present and accounted for. Got capsules arriving tomorrow morning to cover all coins received that I have broken out of OMPs and the 2 that arrived butt naked. 1999 - 2006 x 3 and a solo 2007. Got 2008-2011s coming from a different source and add to the 2012-2016s and just need to find a decent case. Got a 2016 plain field. Looking for a 2015 plain field if anyone has a spare they are willing to let go.

Great thread as mentioned before and what collecting as a group is all about. Big thumbs up.

1 hour ago, HelpingHands said:

The rolls of 25 are pretty cheap from coin gallery.

http://www.coingallery.co.uk/bulk-lighthouse-coin-capsules-in-rolls-of-25-38-c.asp

Lighthouse caps. Big thumbs down from me.:(

Don't like the rims.

Don't think they'll fit in the Meinemunz Brit box either, too big

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

Lighthouse caps. Big thumbs down from me.:(

Don't like the rims.

Don't think they'll fit in the Meinemunz Brit box either, too big

They do fit, nice and snugly as well but if you want them out you have to dig underneath them with a blade or something similar.

Do the 41mm sizes fit the box too as well as the smaller 40mm ones ? Interested as I'm thinking of putting my 1999-2016 run in one of those boxes and would love to hear from someone who actually knows before committing any lolly to one.

32 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Do the 41mm sizes fit the box too as well as the smaller 40mm ones ? Interested as I'm thinking of putting my 1999-2016 run in one of those boxes and would love to hear from someone who actually knows before committing any lolly to one.

both sizes of airtites fit nicely. the larger ones are held nice and firmly but the smaller ones not so; if you tipped the box upside down, some would be held but the odd one might fall out.

1999 in stock when i checked just now. Seems it is just the one as when I put 2 in the order form it said "back order"

I should add, if it is gone, I did not buy it....not worth the price for  the shipping cost. Happy with the two dozen I have :)

My order from the 3rd arrived at long last. Apparently the delay was caused by damaged packaging as the order arrived in a sealed plastic bag with 'sorry your package was damaged' printed on it in various languages lol. 

Luckily every coin was there, all good condition except for one of the 5 2001 Britannia's which has what can only be described as a cigarette burn of tarnishing right in the middle of the queens face, but not to worry! Silver dip will rescue that one. :P

The rest are in very good condition, very happy. Cheers HT! 

49 minutes ago, KDave said:

My order from the 3rd arrived at long last. Apparently the delay was caused by damaged packaging as the order arrived in a sealed plastic bag with 'sorry your package was damaged' printed on it in various languages lol. 

Luckily every coin was there, all good condition except for one of the 5 2001 Britannia's which has what can only be described as a cigarette burn of tarnishing right in the middle of the queens face, but not to worry! Silver dip will rescue that one. :P

The rest are in very good condition, very happy. Cheers HT! 

Sorry to hear your package was burst, was it down the perforated side edge the same as mine?, they want to add reinforcing tape if that's prone to splitting.

1 hour ago, Scuzzle said:

Sorry to hear your package was burst, was it down the perforated side edge the same as mine?, they want to add reinforcing tape if that's prone to splitting.

Yes exactly that, the order was for 19 coins so quite a lot of weight for what was effectively a cardboard envelope. I will provide them some feedback on this. 

2 hours ago, KDave said:

Yes exactly that, the order was for 19 coins so quite a lot of weight for what was effectively a cardboard envelope. I will provide them some feedback on this. 

Interesting. My first order was for 24 coins and they sent them in a cardboard box that was way too big but padded out with those large inflated plastic bubbles.

Nice try but all the coins were loose, albeit in OMP/caps and envelopes, and free to move around in the box. Better than a cardboard envelope though.

Went back to get a couple of trays for the carry case - 7.50 euros for 2 trays with shipping of 6 euros.

Popped a 2002 coin in to see if shipping increased and it didn't.

Popped in two and it went up to 15 euros, so stuck with just the one 2002.

That brings it to 25 coins from 1999-2007 from Nordfrim (plus the case with 4 trays free, plus the 2 trays just ordered for a total shipping cost for the lot of 6 euros. :)

Archived