• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

[Solved] Newbie, and I have a problem with the mobile view.

Hi all from Savoyard! I'm in UK (West Midlands) and I joined this forum as I have seen it mentioned on the Kitco Forum.

I access the Internet mostly from my Android tablet. There, I have a problem.

I can log in and browse the forum fine, but I cannot get to add text to a post. I can start a new thread or quote and existing post, but there's no space to add the text.

I have used Chrome, Firefox and Lightning Browser. For the first two, I have requested Desktop view but nothing changes.

Is it just me? I really would like to avoid using my desktop at work because it is monitored.

Thank you.

• Founder & Administrator
3 minutes ago, savoyard said:

I have requested Desktop view but nothing changes.

Welcome. First thing to note is that The Silver Forum doesn't have a separate mobile / desktop site, which is why requesting a desktop version doesn't show a different site. The theme is responsive and changes size depending on the size of the device viewing.

Please can you try clearing your cache and cookies and then try loading the silver forum up again, if you are still experience a problem being unable to add text in your reply please take a screenshot and let me know the details and I will forward onto the software developer who will test. It could be something to do with your device, but as no other uses have reported a problem it may just be that you need to clear the cookies, cache & data etc.

If you need to email me screenshots please send to chris@thesilverforum.com 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

As you can see from both screenshots attached, there's no way to enter text. The box just doesn't load. I have cleared cookies, restarted the tablet, tried both Chrome and Firefox but no joy. This is the only forum I have problems with from my tablet.

Has anybody got an Android tablet who can replicate this issue?

chrome1Screenshot_20160429-180948[1].png

newtopic-Screenshot_20160429-181727[1].png

• 6 months later...
  • Founder & Administrator
On 24 November 2016 at 09:48, savoyard said:

I'm now having the same problem. This time from both mobile and pc. I can only post if I disable JavaScript. I've tried from somebody elses laptop but no joy. @ChrisSilver

Please can you let me know what tablet you are using, and what software (OS version number etc) and I will report to the software developers. Also, what internet speed do you have? If you have very slow internet speeds it could be what is causing the error.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Chris,

At this moment of writing it looks like the problem is solved. I can now post fine. But this week I had the same problem both from my Nexus 7 running Android 6.1 and an old PC running Windows 7. My connection is a fast fibre optic BT broadband.

Archived