• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

More "Death of the Dollar" News.

no go mate, classed as a fire arm and totally illegal.

I know where to get some, but I'm not fancying it if it's "that" illegal.

That legal red spray looks pretty shit in comparison though.

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tried to string it, well that was a fail.

To say it's hard is an understatement!!!!

I'll have another go tomorrow. Can't find mention of this technique you speak of, I need to do it on my own.

could try putting the hand grip on your leg, put the sting on one side of the crossbow arm and place that under your armpit so you can use your sholder to pull it down, and use your hands to do the rest. But yup tough isnt it! great when its working though.

could try putting the hand grip on your leg, put the sting on one side of the crossbow arm and place that under your armpit so you can use your sholder to pull it down, and use your hands to do the rest. But yup tough isnt it! great when its working though.

I'm constantly underestimating things like this, thinking I'm rock hard.

Was wrestling with it for 20 minutes and didn't even get close lol.

It would be a piece of piss with two people, but I'm wanting to keep it under wraps.

Stacker since 2013

People might think im crazy here but im putting together a full riot gear setup from bits and bobs i pick up on the cheap, if anyones interested il post up some pics:)

I definitely want to see some pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k

"Just walk away"

No riots in Scotland when it all kicked off.  I'm relatively remote in the North Highlands, there is no shortage of deer or water in a shtf scenario.  Everyone knows eachother in some way so little chance of it going all Mad Max.  I've got a good bit of tinned food stashed, just to be safe.

Wouldn't fancy being in Birmingham or London, I understand why you take this quite seriously.

Wouldn't fancy being in Birmingham or London, I understand why you take this quite seriously.

Thanks Simon, it's nice to know others understand how vulnerable us "townies" could be if things went very wrong.

In the riots a couple of years ago, police cars were incinerated, shots fired (not by police), numerous shops raided etc etc.

That was over one bloke being shot in London.

As others said, if the power goes out or the water goes off, it's game on.

I don't want to be a big man, I just want to protect my family and my home.

Whilst it's highly unlikely to happen, criminals will pick on the weakest first. With my preparation, I'll be in the top 1% (most have nothing to retaliate with) and as such, I'm improving my chances.

Stacker since 2013

Bullet proof clipboard... I'm going for this. £25 max

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121377013923?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You might need something like this to go with the swords.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121377053544?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Remember that Kevlar is meant to degrade over time so check the date of manufacture.

As others said, if the power goes out or the water goes off, it's game on.

I don't want to be a big man, I just want to protect my family and my home.

Whilst it's highly unlikely to happen, criminals will pick on the weakest first. With my preparation, I'll be in the top 1% (most have nothing to retaliate with) and as such, I'm improving my chances.

bung a couple of these lifestraws in your supplies, at 20 quid a pop they're well worth it imo

bung a couple of these lifestraws in your supplies, at 20 quid a pop they're well worth it imo

Fair call CD, I have seen those before.

I'm arming first, onto the survival / food stuff next.

I'm dying to buy an old 40ft shipping container and bury it in the back garden, but the wife won't let me. Ugh.

Stacker since 2013

Fair call CD, I have seen those before.

I'm arming first, onto the survival / food stuff next.

I'm dying to buy an old 40ft shipping container and bury it in the back garden, but the wife won't let me. Ugh.

Lol.  Your own Batcave :D  I went whisky and belguim beer first, then food, then silver.  Priorities.

I am thinking about making a wee faraday cage with a laptop, solar charger and hard drives full of documentaries and movies.  Chronal mass ejection that would wipe out the grid is inevitable but it could be tommorow or it could be hundreds of years.

^^^ yep that one is certainly one to watch for, had the 1859 carrington event happened now there would be a complete breakdown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

Michio Kaku, an extremely smart guy from the "universe" series has been practically begging the US government for funds..

"The Most Likely Armageddon Threat … Preventable for a Small Amount of Money

Well-known physicist Michio Kaku and other members of the American Physical Society asked Congress to appropriate $100 million to harden the country’s electrical grid against solar flares.  As shown below, such an event is actually the most likely Armageddon-type event faced by humanity.

Congress refused.

Kaku explains that a solar flare like the one that hit the U.S. in 1859 would – in the current era of nuclear power and electric refrigeration – cause widespread destruction and chaos.

Not only could such a flare bring on hundreds of Fukushima-type accidents, but it could well cause food riots globally.

Kaku explains that relief came in for people hit by disasters like Katrina or Sandy from the “outside”. But a large solar flare could knock out a lot of the power nationwide. So – as people’s food spoils due to lack of refrigeration – emergency workers from other areas would be too preoccupied with their own local crisis to help. There would, in short, be no “cavalry” to the rescue in much of the country.

In fact, NASA scientists are predicting that a solar storm will knock out most of the electrical power grid in many countries worldwide, perhaps for months."

http://www.globalresearch.ca/an-inexpensive-fix-to-prevent-armageddon/5377338

Well, I don't know what the problem was yesterday but I got it done in about 30 seconds this morning.

It's pretty bloody powerful isn't it!!!!

Stacker since 2013

Well, I don't know what the problem was yesterday but I got it done in about 30 seconds this morning.

It's pretty bloody powerful isn't it!!!!

Glad to hear that mate, it is! shocked me when I first fired it, I think accuracy at range is its only issue but close range at the price and practicality is pretty much impossible to beat.

I got the same crossbow few months ago! I was very surprised at how strong it is at 80lbs....I can only imagine what kind of damage could those huge 200+ lbs ones do...

for the Money I like it a lot and I find it very accurate for the short distance I usually shoot .... have not tried any further distance though...hmmm, if it is sunny tomorrow.... :lol:

Just bought a laser sight for my tomcat, the stock sight is pretty rubbish.

Only a cheap one but should do the job.

Also ordered some more bolts, couldn't bring myself to get the plastic ones so got another 60 of the aluminium ones.

Stacker since 2013

Here she is, This was a boot fair bargain, But its a proper bit of kit that's worth much more than i paid for it. I have to consider postage will also be £20 so I dont know if a trade for silver is viable but its for sale/trade. :) Have not shot it yet, but pulled back the string, it feels totally badass lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived