• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

should i sell

craig12

I can say that I personally would not be selling gold at a loss to speculate and chase potential gains in silver. I have done this in the past with other investments - sometimes it works out sometimes not. The times it doesn't you turn paper losses into real losses then compound it with more paper losses when the play doesn't go your way. When you it does go the right way happy days.

If I had made some gains in gold and wanted to diversify into silver further then I could then consider selling some gold to speculate on silver, but I am not personally going to do that. I have lots of reasons for this but they are all my own reasons. They could be totally wrong. 

This is not as helpful as I was hoping it would be sorry. No one knows what the market will do sadly. I wish I did! 

Edit - What George said is what I am doing. Probably the totally wrong thing to be doing though knowing my luck. :P

3 hours ago, craig12 said:

would it be a good idea to sell my gold to buy more silver     as the silver price hasnt risen too much  so selling the gold will prob get me 45 oz of silver

If you can buy and sell close to spot then a balance between the two would be something to think about.  If you have to buy with a premium then I would say no.

Archived