• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Congrats on the 100 oz!

I'm not sure I agree with your method for calculating average cost though, assuming you're adding gifts in at £0? Doesn't really stack up (excuse the pun).

I take on board what your saying, and in a way i agree but it was not my money that bought it and that's what i have convinced myself,if i had not used this method my average would be horrendous. I started stacking in the last to the moon rush,not now in these glory stacking days if i had started now i probably would included gifts "correctly". Please allow me this indiscretion or the "real"total would make me wince.

At the end of the day though i have 100oz silver & 5 half sovereigns and a 1/10th gold eagle, I own an edge for my retirement and if it goes to the moon again or further, how ever i reached this,will pay me dividends in the future.

Edit...And if it don't i will leave it to my Granddaughters.

Edited by SilverPirate

I take on board what your saying, and in a way i agree but it was not my money that bought it and that's what i have convinced myself,if i had not used this method my average would be horrendous. I started stacking in the last to the moon rush,not now in these glory stacking days if i had started now i probably would included gifts "correctly". Please allow me this indiscretion or the "real"total would make me wince.

At the end of the day though i have 100oz silver & 5 half sovereigns and a 1/10th gold eagle, I own an edge for my retirement and if it goes to the moon again or further, how ever i reached this,will pay me dividends in the future.

Edit...And if it don't i will leave it to my Granddaughters.

I personally don't include gifts in my average £/oz.

to be fair I also haven't bought silver at £30+/oz.

adding gifts skews the figures when you want an

honest comparison of how well your investment

have been. your average per oz is also about

teaching/guiding you to make better choices

before you retire.

HH

I personally don't include gifts in my average £/oz.

to be fair I also haven't bought silver at £30+/oz.

adding gifts skews the figures when you want an

honest comparison of how well your investment

have been. your average per oz is also about

teaching/guiding you to make better choices

before you retire.

HH

The short answer to that is then i f&%@£@d up. I will leave this section for the today i bought thread.

The short answer to that is then i f&%@£@d up. I will leave this section for the today i bought thread.

I didn't mean it in a bad way.

it's about making the best informed choices

from what you have currently available.

(sorry but I really needed to say the above)

HH

• Founder & Administrator

Today I bought a 1/2oz S2 BU Tiger and a 1/2oz S2 BU Rabbit.

I wasn't going to collect 1/2oz coins, but after seeing one in hand I quite liked the size. So I will probably eventually end up collecting some 1/2oz PM coins, including the lunar proofs. :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Just bought a cheeky 1/2oz proof Goat from Atkinson's.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Not for £41.94?

Yes. I assumed that with the currency fair fees and shipping costs etc it was just easier to order from them than opposed to finding a dealer in Germany. I purchased a 1oz goat from EMK last time, and would have been cheaper if I purchased from Atkinson's. So I was assuming Atkinson's prices for the 1/2oz were just as competitive.

But to be honest, I didn't shop around and have now paid the price. Would have probably been cheaper if I ordered from Silber Corner. Even with the expensive shipping. In hindsight I should have maybe ordered the snake and goat together from silber corner. Though the price would pretty much be the same.

Discounts / Offers

@Motorbikz I missed that one.

Discounts / Offers

It's not proving to be a quick and easy job to build a set of 1/2oz Bu (or proof for that matter) Lunar 1 coins.

d542358e3a784b891bea97972f92d69c.jpg

Added a snake today but someone beat my manual snipe to the goat. I think that they may have overpaid as they were at 62 Aud for the goat but maybe not.

Today I bought a couple of 1oz kookaburra's which took my total to 100oz's.

At the start of the year that was my goal/ dream.... (never expected to reach it by May!!)

Thanks Silver Forum, I'm going to need a new goal...........any ideas :)

Congrats on the 100 Cully:) Make your next target 500 oz, honestly going from 100 - 500 seems quicker and easier than 0 - 100, I think the stacker mentality kicks in and before you know it you have 500 oz.

Found this nice Liberty $2.5 Eagle just now and made a best offer on eBay which was accepted.

98c73cd2e5ea87ba109c9674cabb7604.jpg

9f9a3da37c21b475551ba88fd23947a4.jpg

What do you think about Pre33 gold in comparison with Sovs?

What do you think about Pre33 gold in comparison with Sovs?

In what regards?

I don't know too much about them other than I very much like the look of them and the Indian heads seem to carry a premium

For me they're much more attractive than a standard sov - other than the young Victoria shield backs

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation