• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

15 minutes ago, oliversw5 said:

I stack and collect. So yes. 

They have different strategies but I aim to have 2500 governmental coins by April.

** Also a lot of people who buy from me buy purely just governmental coins. Some by the coin some by the tube.

That's what I call proper stacking. Nice going.

Can't fault you for getting involved at both ends of the market, it's good to have all bases covered. I stack physical silver bullion and consider that my bread and butter but also have exposure to platinum and gold-mining shares. 

Just now, vand said:

That's what I call proper stacking. Nice going.

Can't fault you for getting involved at both ends of the market, it's good to have all bases covered. I stack physical silver bullion and consider that my bread and butter but also have exposure to platinum and gold-mining shares. 

I think I will stop then, my stack doesnt include other stuff Ive acquired. For example I have the first 4 years of the silver kiwi coins and Ive seen some of them go for 400 euros. I get frustrated with the argument of one or the other, any one who knows me knows that I am really passionate about collecting and buying and selling. I also get very frustrated with the argument that you can only sell at spot, its rubbish but many try to pedal it! Silver gives you a lot of options, if I buy bullion I try and buy from th cheapest source in quantity to sell on for a small profit, I also use my network to source stuff for people, I also can find 'pockets' of backdated coins that small dealers have hoarded and I can get the price I need by snapping them up. If I rock up to Apmex they will laugh at m, if I contact a small dealer and put 2k on the table they will sit down and talk. This is the lower end of the market which is more liquid, the higher end of the market is less liquid and its about finding the right customer for your items. Its a knowledge based game and your skill set should dictate what you buy (for when you sell).

I actually want to add to that. Most people don't understand the psychology of buying and selling. There will be situations where you are a price taker and situations where you are a price giver. You want to be the latter when you come to sell. There are many methods you can use, I won't go into it too much because one day Ill put it into a book and sell my knowledge (thats what everyone else seems to do). I will give a scenario though, if you own high end coins if you go to an auction you are a price taker and its luck of the draw. If you have the network and you know your friends and other collectors you can become a price giver. People do business with their friends and as long as the price is fair you can dictate more, by doing this you make money by your knowledge and your skill set. Ill offer another example, if you have just pure bullion you are a price taker, there will be a market equilibrium (thats changes everyday) and you want to make sure you are under the curve when buying so that there is room to sell and make money. The higher your skill level the more potential money you can make.

I missed the early dip in gold but I have bought a 1 oz gold unicorn from chards today.

I have begun trading out of the Royal Mint Lunar series after the disaster that was the year of the dog design and buying the queens beasts instead. So far I have only had to give up a tiny amount of gain in terms of £ lost to sale and premium spread to do this, but I have been lucky with my timing, until today of course :P

1 hour ago, KDave said:

I missed the early dip in gold but I have bought a 1 oz gold unicorn from chards today.

I have begun trading out of the Royal Mint Lunar series after the disaster that was the year of the dog design and buying the queens beasts instead. So far I have only had to give up a tiny amount of gain in terms of £ lost to sale and premium spread to do this, but I have been lucky with my timing, until today of course :P

Is that your old coins in the pre owned section of Atties?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Hi Guys

Just bought a 2017 1 Oz Silver APOCALYPSE GRIM REAPER Coin WITH 24K BLACK RUTHENIUM from First Coin Company in the USA.

Love the detail and colour.

Don't often buy coloured coins or rounds but did buy an Ares when they first came out.

You are lucky to get one for less than US$1000 now.

It will be interesting to see what Goldsilver.be list for - I was watching a video by shadowstack and he mentions their are some underhanded dealers possibly waiting for other dealers to sell out before they list.

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Bought the Rwanda Dog last night. Dealer sent a newsletter at 4pm saying it was going on sale at 7pm, 1 coin per customer, so jumped on at 6:55pm and it eventually went live, 4 clicks later and got one, refreshed the page and they were sold out. Auragentum had 30 and they are gone now, but i guess they have another few tucked away for a later date.

Seems a lot of people are pissed off with the price, but putting it into context, the RM Unicorn 1oz Proof will set you back £1850 and has a higher mintage, i paid much less for this Rwanda Dog...........I think what some people can't understand that this is a collectors coin and not something you'd be stacking........Premiums are always paid on collectors coins

Screenshot 2017-10-06 21.47.41.png

Really hoping to get my hands on one of these. Well done on getting one

7 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

.I think what some people can't understand that this is a collectors coin and not something you'd be stacking........Premiums are always paid on collectors coins

I wouldn't touch a collectors coin not from a major mint or long history 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

4 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Thanks @Bullionbilly another is in the pipeline that is virtually paid for, just waiting on the dealers actual price before finalising. Auragentum has already increased their buy back price by €300 in 24hrs

Speaking of which, auragentum has a Rooster available

https://auragentum.de/1-unze-goldmuenze-ruanda-lunar-hahn-2017

@shortstack68 if you need me to look after 1 or both of them drop me a PM :D

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

Was there 2 different types of these? This one is described as

The Royal Mint - Limited Edition Presentation (600pcs)

The Britannia 2014 collection Five-ounce Silver Proof coin, in Box, with COA, Booklet and drawing

The other version will be the US version, NGC graded as 'one of the first 750 struck'. Together they meet the max mintage of 1,350 coins.