• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

I have cashed out of my latest gamble in bitcoin and bought 9 x 2017 silver Britannia from Bitgild. 1 of them was the 20 year anniversary coin which I paid for using the bitcoin my PC has mined over the past month. Add on the electricity bill for that one and we are looking at some expensive silver, but its a novelty thing I guess. :rolleyes:

Every time I log in on here I spend my meager saving on coins...:(

But, it stops me spending money on wasteful stuff and helps me protect my family for the future!!! :)

Today two Indian licensed mint 2017 sovs thanks to @Numistacker's heads up and vid on the received thread :D

Edited by kimchi

2017 Indian Sovereign, thought about buying 3 but I seem to have a mental block about buying multiples of one thing for whatever reason 

Also got my SOTD 2017 BU sovereign from chards  posted today 

So will be cool tomorrow to receive both B)

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

7 hours ago, Kman said:

2017 Indian Sovereign, thought about buying 3 but I seem to have a mental block about buying multiples of one thing for whatever reason 

Also got my SOTD 2017 BU sovereign from chards  posted today 

So will be cool tomorrow to receive both B)

I'd put good money down that same hesitation doesn't apply to beer... ;)

Having quenched on Sovereigns a change of beverage is in order ...

My two latest buys are BU Libertads for 2017. Libs are even slipperier than our new sovereigns can be... I heard the two key gold BU coins for 2017 are the 1/10th with 300 coins and the 1/4oz with 500 but these figures won't be confirmed till later in the year.

I bought 1 x 1/10th and 2 x 1/4oz. These are extremely delicate Coins and get damaged very easily. Very few seem to get graded and often results are bad as they are supplied from the mint in a plastic bag clashing together.

2017-07-25 01.00.59_1.jpg

It is much harder to get 69 and 70 grades for gold BU Libertads than proofs.

My two latest buys are BU Libertads for 2017. Libs are even slipperier than our new sovereigns can be... I heard the two key gold BU coins for 2017 are the 1/10th with 300 coins and the 1/4oz with 500 but these figures won't be confirmed till later in the year.

I bought 1 x 1/10th and 2 x 1/4oz. These are extremely delicate Coins and get damaged very easily. Very few seem to get graded and often results are bad as they are supplied from the mint in a plastic bag clashing together.

59 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

@Numistacker Any sourcing tips for a good deal on these?

[mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] Any sourcing tips for a good deal on these?

JM Bullion have some

I have cashed out of my latest gamble in bitcoin and bought 9 x 2017 silver Britannia from Bitgild. 1 of them was the 20 year anniversary coin which I paid for using the bitcoin my PC has mined over the past month. Add on the electricity bill for that one and we are looking at some expensive silver, but its a novelty thing I guess. :rolleyes:

Hey KDave, I have been very interested about bitcoin and crypto currencies, I'm curious how many kWh did it take to mine a bitcoin?

Just an estimation or a rough guess, no need to calculate the exact number just a ball park figure would be useful.

5 hours ago, Gav said:

Hey KDave, I have been very interested about bitcoin and crypto currencies, I'm curious how many kWh did it take to mine a bitcoin?

Just an estimation or a rough guess, no need to calculate the exact number just a ball park figure would be useful.

Its a great question and one I don't yet have the answer to sorry, but I am working on it! Since mining about £20 worth of the stuff (and buying some silver with it) I have set up an LCD energy meter on the plug to tell me how much my PC is using. The trouble is I use this PC for everything so its just a rough idea of cost, rather than completely accurate. When I am not using my PC for looking at shiny coins on here I am running nicehash miner making a few quid a week. Just have the one GPU, a 1070 GTX and get the CPU mining but it makes the system unstable and has crashed the PC a few times when I try to use it with the miner running in the background! 

Like I said, its more a novelty thing, it has helped me understand a few things about the functional side of crypto and has been interesting and a very easy way to make a 'free' ounce of silver. Should have it in hand by the end of the week.

Does anybody know how customs treat coin purchases from abroad? I bought legal tender coins (sovereigns, Britannias) in the US. 

They can't possibly be charged important duties since it's legal tender and only VAT on the silver or am I wrong?

Today I bought the last 1/10 oz 2017 gold Mexican libertad? - mintage of only 300.  Rumors are that next year they are changing the design?
Thanks to [mention=3391]Jester[/mention] for the info on this one.

The mintage is only a rumor but does come from a good source. My 1/10th should arrive by Saturday and will go for grading.

6 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

The mintage is only a rumor but does come from a good source. My 1/10th should arrive by Saturday and will go for grading.

Same here..same day, same destination...Texas to Florida via North Carolina  ;) This coin should look sharp with the Mexico label and "Early Releases" designation.