• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Bought a 2017 1/4oz Gold BU Libertad which will have a mintage of 500 this year.

Also pre ordered the Sovereign book from Token Publishing

Are you nowadays into non gov mint errors? [emoji848]

I was going to make a video on errors at some stage so I needed so get some. This one is quite interesting. I bought 10 of the 100 Cedis Leopard too.

1 minute ago, Numistacker said:

I was going to make a video on errors at some stage so I needed so get some. This one is quite interesting. I bought 10 of the 100 Cedis Leopard too.

@Lea79 has a rockhopper or two she could borrow you, I believe. 

5 hours ago, mr-dead said:

1/4 proof, 1/2 proof & full proof 2017 pistrucci sovs to go with my Piedfort, just need the £5 sov to complete the set now :)

There is a large set on eBay containing all coins (also the double sovereign). Did you get yours individually?

You are having some of the most amazing gold proofs from this year in your collection! ?

5 minutes ago, augur said:

There is a large set on eBay containing all coins (also the double sovereign). Did you get yours individually?

You are having some of the most amazing gold proofs from this year in your collection! ?

They are individual coins.

It would be nice if you could one day make a nice group photo @mr-dead, maybe in the photo thread. 

Apart from taking advantage of the weaker gold prices, you got some really lovely gold proofs now! Although the double/quintuple sovereign would match your beast proofs better in size...

12 hours ago, mr-dead said:

1/4 proof, 1/2 proof & full proof 2017 pistrucci sovs to go with my Piedfort, just need the £5 sov to complete the set now :)

Don't you need the double sov too ?

Whenever eBay have an offer relating to nectar points I treat it as a personal challenge to extract every last penny value.

The final week of 10 times nectar points is here now and expires at midday. Over the last two weeks I collected 35k nectar points by buying random sovereigns in the USA with free delivery and some 1/4oz griffins and last night I bought a random 2sov proof from Bullion Exchanges.

sale via Topcashback.co.uk for 1% on all eBay transactions (also very useful for Royal Mint purchases) and converted the nectar points to eBay vouchers giving $233 off the $640 price. The $640 sale earned 5,000 fresh nectar points at 10x which will convert to £25 at 10 vouchers of 500 points each worth £2.50. The new points are given on the gross before the voucher. So all in all an interesting purchase no matter what the coin is like.

IMG_5485.PNG

13 minutes ago, lightjaw said:

bought an MS63 BG 229 1/4 dollar. Liked the look of it and fancied something different. @Numistacker maybe you can tell me if it was a good buy!

I saw it tonight and wanted it but it looked like it was fully priced and I prefer to find them raw though there have been none for sale for months. It was a good coin and a good grade I don't think you will go wrong.

1 minute ago, Numistacker said:

I saw it tonight and wanted it but it looked like it was fully priced and I prefer to find them raw though there have been none for sale for months. It was a good coin and a good grade I don't think you will go wrong.

Thanks for that. I was tempted by the other one for sale too, but i read up on them yesterday, and wanted one that might have actually seen use rather than just being a token. Thats just me. thanks for the comments.