• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

31 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Thanks to@cornishfarmer for this stonking 1oz 2003 Panda. It's one of my favourite designs and my 2nd 1oz.

4c07cb109decd80e9b44f56918efab07.png

943d2963e811e3b9f36f908bed5db818.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great purchase. One of my favorite panda designs as well. I'm missing 1oz and 1/20 oz for a complete gold BU set of this year.

Trying to preempt the drying out of 2016 proof silver Mexican Libertads ....bought four 2 ounce pieces, and two 1 ouncers.  All by US auction - so prices varied - but happy to pay in USD instead of GBP! Across the 10 ounces it comes to an obscene premium...so I admit this is not core stacking, but rather collective speculation. Nearly "out of stock" at APMEX and they rarely show up after that - so I will store them away for a few months (keep a few) then test the market at the end of the year. Read some interesting posts though on whether the best time to pop them up on the secondary market is just after they sell out ...to capture the buyers that lost out on  preorders etc. 

Did anyone manage to bag a seven coin boxed silver Libertad 2016 proof set? - I left it too late. So maybe buying the individual bigger proofs is my psychological coping mechanism?

Lindeman 

Trying to preempt the drying out of 2016 proof silver Mexican Libertads ....bought four 2 ounce pieces, and two 1 ouncers.  All by US auction - so prices varied - but happy to pay in USD instead of GBP! Across the 10 ounces it comes to an obscene premium...so I admit this is not core stacking, but rather collective speculation. Nearly "out of stock" at APMEX and they rarely show up after that - so I will store them away for a few months (keep a few) then test the market at the end of the year. Read some interesting posts though on whether the best time to pop them up on the secondary market is just after they sell out ...to capture the buyers that lost out on  preorders etc. 

Did anyone manage to bag a seven coin boxed silver Libertad 2016 proof set? - I left it too late. So maybe buying the individual bigger proofs is my psychological coping mechanism[emoji6]

Lindeman 

So far...

1 X 2016 7 coin set

5 X 2016 2oz proofs

Might get more 5oz but I think I have my fill at the moment.

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

22 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

Amazing buy, unless they get milk spots..

Well they turned up yesterday completely mint so guess it really was a bargain, probably my first :)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

Picked up a Nanjing Mint 2014 "Two Lovely Pandas" in copper.

I wanted to have the first issue as a reference point as the next Nanjing mint panda will be here in a few weeks.

209eee95a1914fe3fda765abb2ffaff8.png

adac09227d6c9b354dc47781c565c1b4.png

4 Shieldbacks, not sure on condition so a gamble but fingers crossed.

The Gold Sovereign

10 shield back sovs, more gambling, results to follow :D

The Gold Sovereign

1 hour ago, sg86 said:

10 shield back sovs, more gambling, results to follow :D

Are you planning to keep them all?

If you fancy selling any nice condition ones after you get them let me know 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation