• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth mint sheep/ram/goat

crazy hippo

Whose buying?

or will people be buying just to complete the set. I know for a fact I won’t be picking up any pigs or dogs down the line.

I’m pretty sure its all about the tiger dragon horse snake and monkey. Personally i am an ox... and i will hit the next lunar year of the ox like a madman... as long as the ship to the moon hasn’t set sail.

which brings me to a point.... how hard can they advertise the year of the whatever mundane calendar ’16... will be...

personally, ill be hitting the koalas and kooks from perth mint hard next year, the somali elephants, and Chinese pandas.

what are people thinking for the lunars?

should we buy a coin that is just a bit ugly and has no significance because we have the set?

personally i only have stuff in my collection i really love...

• Founder & Administrator

Yes, if it's part of the set and a bit ugly then I have to purchase it to complete the set. It has significance because each lunar coin is part of a 12 coin lunar year set.

What do you presume will be wrong about the pig or dog? I mean I could understand how you could find a pig ugly but a dog?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

yeah but would you be buying them in just as high quantities.... its not just the pigs and dogs, its the rooster and rat others too.... i wonder if their final ales mintages are lower?

i was more getting at the popularity of the more “pretty” animals

• Founder & Administrator

If they were all released all in the same year then yes I'd probably purchase more of the animals I preferred the look of the coin of.

But as they are released only one design per year I will try to purchase a roll +one single of each of the designs.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I'll buy a 1oz for my 1oz set and one of every size except kilo, regardless of the animal.

It's true some animals appreciate more than others, but I'm not bothered. I pretty much like all animals, but let's see what they come up with.

Stacker since 2013

I believe that a less attractive coin  will sell in lesser numbers,

but that will give them extra value in the future.

meaning smaller mintage ads more value down the road.

I believe that a less attractive coin will sell in lesser numbers,

but that will give them extra value in the future.

meaning smaller mintage ads more value down the road.

We shall see, but it didn't quite play out like that with series one.

The popular animals still seem to hold value better.

Stacker since 2013

We shall see, but it didn't quite play out like that with series one.

The popular animals still seem to hold value better.

thats exactly the kind of thing i mean...

but then again the only things i really love and intend to put together as a set are somali elephants, and the rawandan set... (IF they come out with some kind of commemorative set with all the past issues to date like the somali elephants did. 

good luck whatever you all decide...

Archived