• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Would you have bid on this kilo coin ?

Pete

Just watched out of curiosity an eBay auction that ended tonight.

The seller is new with no history.

The description is limited but it does not state plate or coated silver.

Everything points to it being a genuine kilo silver coin per the picture except the bidding.

It went for £20 including shipping.

If it is genuine then someone's Christmas has come early but would you have been tempted to bid or would it have been too high risk ?

With PayPal protection I guess the buyer can always get a refund if fake but how would you test without damaging the coin ?

I know gold is hard to fake because of its density so dimensions and weight tend to be adequate but not sure about testing silver.

post-47-0-43130800-1398719914_thumb.jpg

I can't see where it says it a 1kg coin!!!

I think at that price I would have had a punt.

Its got to be fake!!!

If it was fake then you just get your money back. As long as it does not state anywhere that it is plated.

Keith

$30 is a kilo coin.

I'd have had a go too, it's about 5 minutes from my house.

And just to be pedantic, it went for £21.

I wish you'd have mentioned prior to finish.

If it's not silver, I'd have paid £20 for a cool looking paperweight.

Stacker since 2013

Apart from the usual tests we have covered in the forum i have seen the ice cube test where silver rapidly melts an ice cube if the buyer did not want to acid test, For £21 you could cut it in half and test it, if it was silver it would still be silver bullion cut up.

I can't see where it says it a 1kg

Keith

By definition the $30 Year of the Dragon 2012 coin is a kilo and if you look closely at the coin picture it is embossed with the weight 1kg.

No I wouldn't have bid on it as the postage gives it away. It would have been far more than £3.90 to deliver, probably the guy has put the wrong photo up may have been an auction for a 1/2 or 1oz coin.

If it was genuine will be interesting if the seller delivers it.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived