• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

On 27/07/2017 at 13:23, PolarPanda said:

Looks like the silver price is going back up the last days. 

Yes, it's fully recovered from that 'shock' dollar dip it took, making me think I'll skip my silver order this time around. Looking into gold for weight options, but I'm so new to that market as a UK buyer. Probably stick with Sovereigns until I know better.

@Jay2 it is all a rollercoaster mate!

Keep buying if it sits with your saving goals and strategy.

As to what to buy, therein lies the fun ;)

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

@BackyardBullion What do you think of the strategy of only buying more, in bulk, when Spot is lower than your last order? Sort of a Turtle vs Hare patient approach to stacking. I'm in no hurry, and I still want to turn much more cash into PMs and British numismatics for savings / enjoyment reasons.

I guess if it stays high for years meaning I never buy another ounce, at least I didn't lose anything on the stack so far :P

Then again, I most certainly will lose something on the cash 'stack'. :wacko:  Oh what fun.

3 minutes ago, Jay2 said:

@BackyardBullion What do you think of the strategy of only buying more, in bulk, when Spot is lower than your last order? Sort of a Turtle vs Hare patient approach to stacking. I'm in no hurry, and I still want to turn much more cash into PMs and British numismatics for savings / enjoyment reasons.

I guess if it stays high for years meaning I never buy another ounce, at least I didn't lose anything on the stack so far :P

Then again, I most certainly will lose something on the cash 'stack'. :wacko:  Oh what fun.

I can't tell you how to spend your money, but I have a budget each month to set aside for my pension and a separate budget for my active shorter term PM investments i.e. the coins I buy to flip. 

If you have long term savings goals then buying when spot is lower than your last purchase is perfect, brings your whole average down!

But if spot is higher than your first order and you are still saving for the long term it is still fine in the long run. 

Waiting for the right prices is almost impossible to do - no-one knows where things will be in the future. USA could nuke north Korea tomorrow and PM's could skyrocket

On 28/07/2017 at 22:28, BackyardBullion said:

But if spot is higher than your first order and you are still saving for the long term it is still fine in the long run. 

Waiting for the right prices is almost impossible to do - no-one knows where things will be in the future. USA could nuke north Korea tomorrow and PM's could skyrocket

I reckon if that happened the peice of silver would be the last think on your mind.Just saying.?

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, oliversw5 said:

What are your opinions on price going forward, do you think it will touch and go back down again?

Depends what time frame you mean.

On the short daily cycle the time to buy was 4-6 weeks ago. Now is not the time to be chasing the move. I do expect a daily down cycle soon that could take us back towards $1300 gold. Medium term I expect a move back towards $20 over Q3 which is traditionally a strong time for the PMs.

I do believe that it is a new bull market and therefore the surprises will more likely be on the upside, and it is possible that we will move higher without a meaningful correction.

However the market doesn't care what my opinion is, and it will do what it wants. It is important to have a long term plan that filters out the short term noise. I BUY & HOLD for the long term but I do short term trades also.

1 hour ago, oliversw5 said:

What are your opinions on price going forward, do you think it will touch and go back down again?

We are at a very significant price level. i expect $18 will become support. There is a lot of demand. The Swiss refineries have a 3 week backlog for 1kg silver bars, they cannot keep up. Demand for ASE at the US Mint has shot up. The issue with both gold and silver is there are many stops not far overhead. A surge say to do with Korean could blow straight through these and we would be looking at a huge short squeeze, even a price reset with gold and silver paper contracts being settled for cash and physical gold $100's higher and silver $10's higher. It is the start of the gold [and silver] buying season in India on 5th September. We saw so big dumps of paper silver by the usual culprits in the last couple of weeks and price just came back even stronger. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...