• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where can I grade my Coins?

CurryMuncher69

I would like to grade some of my coins, where in the UK could I grade them? I looked on PCGS website and they gave me company's that only deal with rare English coins that only a handful existed. None of them grade modern bullion. 

I would like to grade my great white shark coins, Noah Arks, and some half oz coins that I have. 

I'd suggest slabbing any of the coins you listed would be a complete waste of money, especially the half ouncers - the grading would cost more than the coin is worth.

Plus, you haven't even seen the sharks yet and they may not be good enough to grade an MS69.

Only my opinion.

Stacker since 2013

I am new to this whole grading scene, however just saw a great white shark coin selling for 4 times its asking price because it was slabbed and graded, and it also sold out on apmex within the hour it was put up. 

So I was wandering I could do the same here, however I know the markets in america are much better for silver, as in the UK you only have a small pool of buyers. (compared to the US) 

CGS won't sell outside the UK as it isn't recognised. UK are not a huge fan of slabs, unlike across the pond.

You may have half a chance if you used PCGS or NGC, but not CGS.

Only special coins should be slabbed, ones where the premium is worth while.

If Apmex is selling slabbed, it may be that all the MS68 and under came to Europe, in which case it's pointless paying to have them slabbed.

I think maybe chalk it down as a bad idea.

Put it this way, I have some very nice 1oz rounds, and I don't see any profit in having any of them slabbed. A coin has to be "out of the norm" to be slabbed and make a profit, especially if it's a CGS slab.

Stacker since 2013

Cheers, Thanks for that, I have made a complete fool of myself, in all honestly I would of been a bigger fool if I went ahead and actually got them slabbed, paying nearly £14 per coin. LOL

No you haven't mate, not at all.

I asked the same questions you did last year, and I'm passing on my opinion, others may think differently.

It's always best to garner opinions before embarking on a new quest.

Stacker since 2013

I think that the only coins worth grading is the ones that already has a big premium.

Like older Pandas, kooks and so on, look at NCG or PCGS priceguides to get a idea.

Some get BIG money if MS 69-70, so if you get a good looking coin ungraded for decent money it can be worth it.

http://www.ngccoin.com/priceguide/chinese-modern-coin-prices.aspx?lang=en-US&ChineseCategoryID=1&subcat=silver-panda-coin-prices

http://www.pcgs.com/prices/PriceGuideDetail.aspx?MS=1&PR=1&SP=1&c=3784&title=10+Yuan

look around and good luck

Archived