• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best buying method now for selling later

MickB

What many stackers do not remember with fractional bullion is that broadly the premium goes with the coin. There are exceptions like hgm which is a bargain for fractionals when available but from what I see 1oz is the hardest to sell for a good premium at auction and 1/10th the easiest followed by 1/4 then 1/20 then 1/2 then 1oz. There are less buyers per coin for 1oz and margins will be much closer to spot.

Much less chance of making a profit on a flipped 1oz unless metal price rises substantially.

The problem with fractional's from HGM is that when a 1/10 or 1/4 ounce coin does appear, there's usually only one for sale. Therefore when you account for postage it ends up at quite a high % over spot. I wish they would let you buy coins, pay for them, but leave them with HGM for a week or so in order to combine a few orders as they come up and pay postage once!

I think the video was about patience and wealth building, not 1oz or fractional.

The idea that for a reasonable amount for most people over 35 years one could accrue over 100oz of Gold. A tidy amount.  

At the same time you could be investing in a home, your business or even a tracker on the stock market when there is a correction or even just a high interest cash account.

Lets just say you decide to buy 1/4oz Gold a month or 3oz a year on dips.  on average that is £220 for a 1/4oz coin  you also put £280 away in cash (theory 0% interest), this goes up in line with Gold. at the end of the year you buy a bond for £1000 from your cash money, 1st year 30 year bond etc.

After 35 years you would of achieved

105 oz Gold

£82600

34 years worth of Bonds at £1000 invested each year.  

A house you would of paid for.

Not bad for average Joe who invested £500 per month., Plus decided to buy a house.  

I think the video was about patience and wealth building, not 1oz or fractional.

The idea that for a reasonable amount for most people over 35 years one could accrue over 100oz of Gold. A tidy amount.  

At the same time you could be investing in a home, your business or even a tracker on the stock market when there is a correction or even just a high interest cash account.

Lets just say you decide to buy 1/4oz Gold a month or 3oz a year on dips.  on average that is £220 for a 1/4oz coin  you also put £280 away in cash (theory 0% interest), this goes up in line with Gold. at the end of the year you buy a bond for £1000 from your cash money, 1st year 30 year bond etc.

After 35 years you would of achieved

105 oz Gold

£82600

34 years worth of Bonds at £1000 invested each year.  

A house you would of paid for.

Not bad for average Joe who invested £500 per month., Plus decided to buy a house.  

But Gold would be going up in value over time, so for £220 a month I may only be getting a smaller coin, 1/20th or less in the future.

Also on top of this would be my silver purchases every month.

Shame i never got into this 20 years ago, but it's never too late.

obviously mickB but so would your income.  You adjust over the years so lets say gold rallies like it did in 2011 you would have a choice save less cash or less Gold and when the Gold price is suppressed like in the 1990's (remember we are talking 35 years here) you can either buy more Gold or save more cash.

I to buy silver, do you keep records on price paid?  The saving per month can be adjusted by yourself because you are in charge,  

The fact you are thinking about the price over time indicates that you are someone who is not a sheep, unlike millions of others. Taking control of your finances and future lets say at 40 is not to late as the government has stated we must work until 68 at least I believe it will be 70+.

Belangp on youtube has a lot of good videos some not that good but there are plenty to keep you going for a month about Gold/silver and oil ratios.          

I keep all my reciepts from Atkinsons, BBP & other companies as well as having my ebay purchases in my account history. Only ones i don't record are cash sales, although i should do.

As all this will assist my retirement i didn't want to be spending over the odds on precious metals. Don't want to be buying too little either.

The last thing i want to be doing is get to a month where i'm thinking i shouldn't bother buying any at all and try to catch up the next month.

I'm averaging 10oz of silver per month that would be 4200oz over 35 years on top of my gold at 105oz. A few pieces of platinum along the way as well. This should be enough to top up my pension. Hope I'm not too buggered to enjoy it when I get to that age! :o

Like in the video, a little everytime and you don't notice how much it grows over the years.

Just had a thought about having 4200oz around the house, dear me, it'd look like a scrapyard with that much metal around!

Time to rethink my strategy.

Just had a thought about having 4200oz around the house, dear me, it'd look like a scrapyard with that much metal around!

Time to rethink my strategy.

within the next 35 years of stacking you should find opportunities to

sell silver for gold at favourable rates. hold what you need in gold

and buy silver using money that you'll never need to cash in.

HH

• 3 weeks later...

Archived