• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Educate me on Perth Mint Lunar 1oz proofs

doogs

• Founder & Administrator

Have you seen silverfish VT's ultra high relief videos?

I haven't. Haven't had enough spare time to look through YouTube recently.

But I have a planned purchase for some current year High Relief coins tomorrow. If I have the funds. :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

As title really.

Is it possible/realistic to put together a series 1 set?

Presumably the series 2 isn't as difficult?

Costs?

Mintages?

Key coins?

Any help/pointers would be appreciated!

It will be possible to put a series 1 set together but it will cost you shed loads of money and a lot of time. Of the 3 sets 1/2oz, 1oz, 2oz the 1oz set will be the most easily collected and I say that tongue in cheek as it will still be incredibly difficult to complete but coins do come up more frequently than the 1/2 ozers and 2 ozers.

Re costs you will pay around £90 plus for the commoner coins like the dog and pig to roundabout £175-£225 each for the dragon,mouse,ox and tiger.The rest fall between £110-170

The dragon has a  relatively high mintage of 2500 but is very hard to get hold of hence the price,the lowest mintage is the mouse at 324 and you will not get that either for less than £200

Key coins are dragon mouse ox and tiger.

2 series a doddle.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

It will be possible to put a series 1 set together but it will cost you shed loads of money and a lot of time. Of the 3 sets 1/2oz, 1oz, 2oz the 1oz set will be the most easily collected and I say that tongue in cheek as it will still be incredibly difficult to complete but coins do come up more frequently than the 1/2 ozers and 2 ozers.

Re costs you will pay around £90 plus for the commoner coins like the dog and pig to roundabout £175-£225 each for the dragon,mouse,ox and tiger.The rest fall between £110-170

The dragon has a relatively high mintage of 2500 but is very hard to get hold of hence the price,the lowest mintage is the mouse at 324 and you will not get that either for less than £200

Key coins are dragon mouse ox and tiger.

2 series a doddle.

Many thanks for the detailed info. Will have to think long and hard whether I should embark on collecting this series.

No problem doogs, just buy the odd one if you come across one, then make your mind up, they sell pretty easily if you decide not to go for the set. I have a couple of 1 oz proofs they are beautiful, but I'm into the 2 ozers now  and I was fairly lucky with the hunt for the 1/2 oz proofs .Strangely the 1/2oz and 2oz proofs have the same key coins and command the same high prices,

Good luck with it.

No. Are the high relief coins not different from the 1oz proofs?

Doogs here is a photo to show scale of 1oz lunar 2 proof,1oz lunar 1 proof, 1oz high relief proof in that order.

P1000143_zps7ea4d3f1.jpg[/uR

L]

Plus same coins slightly different photo

P1000144_zpsc6ad5197.jpg

That HR snake looks very nice motorbikez :D

How are the series 2 proofs, are they nice compared to the bullion coins? I have never seen a proof series 2 in real life. They go for pretty expensive prices don't they?

I think the only proof coins I will be collecting at the moment are the HR ones, they seem more reasonably priced.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

HR coins are stunning. I would be happy to do some research on prices for you mate.

No need Klacey, I have luckily already got deals with various people to secure them :)

I was just curios about what motorbikz thought about the 1oz series 2 proofs vs the bullion coin. And what he thinks prices are like for them. I am not thinking about collecting them, I have bought all these expensive HR coins recently. So not looking to buy any more proofs for a long time, will be a long time before I can even afford more plain bullion as I've spent all of my savings recently, I went a bit mad.

Discounts / Offers

That HR snake looks very nice motorbikez :D

How are the series 2 proofs, are they nice compared to the bullion coins? I have never seen a proof series 2 in real life. They go for pretty expensive prices don't they?

I think the only proof coins I will be collecting at the moment are the HR ones, they seem more reasonably priced.

The series 2 1oz proofs are stunning Chris compared to the bullion coins.

I have a few 1ozer proofs of both the 1 and 2 series but I don't intend collecting the set.As I have mentioned before I'm a 2oz&10oz collector. :D

I do however have the full set of 2oz lunar 2 series and I am putting together the 2oz set of Lunar 1 series proofs at a huge cost I might add. ;)

No need Klacey, I have luckily already got deals with various people to secure them :)

I was just curios about what motorbikz thought about the 1oz series 2 proofs vs the bullion coin. And what he thinks prices are like for them. I am not thinking about collecting them, I have bought all these expensive HR coins recently. So not looking to buy any more proofs for a long time, will be a long time before I can even afford more plain bullion as I've spent all of my savings recently, I went a bit mad.

No problem mate. Post pics when you get them. You just cant beat those HR coins.

Sorry Chris missed the price bit,in Europe of the series 2 1oz proofs snake and horse are cheapest at anywhere between £50-£60,mouse and ox £60-£80, tiger and dragon £80-£125

This is purely a guide you might get them cheaper or pay more but that is the ball park figures you would expect to pay.

Archived