• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are you addicted to buying silver coins.

motorbikez

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i addicted to silver? it is 03.00 on a Sunday morning and i am looking through silver sites,e-bay and reading this forum.I am either extremely sad or an addict.The sad thing is i have got no cash to buy sod all lol.I am saving for a car at the moment and all my dosh is going in that pot.

Am i addicted to silver? it is 03.00 on a Sunday morning and i am looking through silver sites,e-bay and reading this forum.I am either extremely sad or an addict.The sad thing is i have got no cash to buy sod all lol.I am saving for a car at the moment and all my dosh is going in that pot.

I was awake until 2.30am doing the same thing. Eventually fell asleep listening to an audiobook about the history of gold. Think I need a stint in the priory...

Sent from my X506-3G using Tapatalk

I was awake until 2.30am doing the same thing. Eventually fell asleep listening to an audiobook about the history of gold. Think I need a stint in the priory...

Sent from my X506-3G using Tapatalk

OK no one-upmanship here, but every night I go to bed at around 12.30, switch on my ipad and watch gold and silver you-tube vids until I sleep. One day I was so interested I was still awake at 5am. 

Positives:

Up to date with the market

Increasing knowledge about metals

Negatives:

Bags under my eyes

Increasing belief in Conspiracy Theories

Reduction in sexual activity as vids on Central Bank manipulation appears not to be an aphrodisiac to my partner.

Am I a Martyr to the cause or what?????

:D

My Mrs is surprisingly accommodating, partly because she's as much of a conspiracy nut as me. She has a definite preference for spot the fake videos and videos of massive stacks (I've tried telling her it's not the size that counts but she's having none of it :/) and will occasionally have a browse of her own volition

I've got an order coming from Oz and once this arrives in going to take a break from buying. I'll give myself a month or 2 to sort out my finances before doing a final order from the US and then hopefully wait for the 2015 stuff.

I'm not going to bother back dating sets and spend what what I would have spent on my new love of fractional gold.

Being a new stacker/collector I've spent too much time and money buying and researching bullion from the last year or 2. I really don't wan to expand my addiction anymore and start on all the other sizes of coins.

I have got that silver buying urge but i am holding off i have a birthday cumming up and want to pool all my cash and go for a larger purchase for me.It is so hard when you see some of the stuff being bought by others on here.I get the i want's i think half the addiction is the buying thrill,retail therapy.

I have got that silver buying urge but i am holding off i have a birthday cumming up and want to pool all my cash and go for a larger purchase for me.It is so hard when you see some of the stuff being bought by others on here.I get the i want's i think half the addiction is the buying thrill,retail therapy.

Well I think my prediction of lower prices for May and June is coming true so holding off a little while longer may hopefully enable you to "bag a bargain"  :)

Well I think my prediction of lower prices for May and June is coming true so holding off a little while longer may hopefully enable you to "bag a bargain" :)

You holding for a specific number Richard?

Stacker since 2013

You holding for a specific number Richard?

A lot depends on the speed and depth of decline.

I'm worried at present as silver mined is quite a fair bit larger than that consumed and has been for the past 3 - 4 years - so stocks are building up.

I cannot see any major increase in industrial demand short term (especially if China's economy declines or growth not as large as expected)  and Investment demand is insufficient to make-up any shortfall (unless a geopolitical crisis occurs or the dollar suddenly collapses - either of which I don't believe will happen v soon - the Ukraine is worrying but I'm not convinced the West will go to war over it). So its only if Russia invades  any of its other former States will tensions really increase or further conflict with Iran occurs.

With this in mind, and the US announcing today that tapering is to continue and the economy is improving, there is going to be some downward pressure on silver and gold - more so on silver - in my view - as I was surprised that it held at the $19 level for so long.

So whilst I may still invest say £150 pm in Silver (for pound cost averaging) I'm not going to put anything much higher unless I see silver around the $16-$17 mark. If it hits nearer the $15 (which is possible) then I may throw in a few thousand. However, I have more confidence in gold right now and am spending much more on a monthly basis and believe it will come good within 3 years - but the gold price may oscillate between the $1250 - $1450 until the UK General Election next year. 

Of course taking a 15 - 20 year view stacking silver on a monthly basis, I believe is very sound - but one should also keep aside some liquid capital/cash. For anyone with a large silver stack, I think they should sit on it and wait for Gold to rise as silver will I believe follow but perhaps not at the same rate (unless again a crisis occurs).

So that I do not go completely 'off-topic' I can say that the current glut of silver means that more varied coins will come to the market, which will keep and maintain precious metal addicts like us happy until that price rise occurs. 

A lot depends on the speed and depth of decline.

I'm worried at present as silver mined is quite a fair bit larger than that consumed and has been for the past 3 - 4 years - so stocks are building up.

I cannot see any major increase in industrial demand short term (especially if China's economy declines or growth not as large as expected)  and Investment demand is insufficient to make-up any shortfall (unless a geopolitical crisis occurs or the dollar suddenly collapses - either of which I don't believe will happen v soon - the Ukraine is worrying but I'm not convinced the West will go to war over it). So its only if Russia invades  any of its other former States will tensions really increase or further conflict with Iran occurs.

With this in mind, and the US announcing today that tapering is to continue and the economy is improving, there is going to be some downward pressure on silver and gold - more so on silver - in my view - as I was surprised that it held at the $19 level for so long.

So whilst I may still invest say £150 pm in Silver (for pound cost averaging) I'm not going to put anything much higher unless I see silver around the $16-$17 mark. If it hits nearer the $15 (which is possible) then I may throw in a few thousand. However, I have more confidence in gold right now and am spending much more on a monthly basis and believe it will come good within 3 years - but the gold price may oscillate between the $1250 - $1450 until the UK General Election next year. 

Of course taking a 15 - 20 year view stacking silver on a monthly basis, I believe is very sound - but one should also keep aside some liquid capital/cash. For anyone with a large silver stack, I think they should sit on it and wait for Gold to rise as silver will I believe follow but perhaps not at the same rate (unless again a crisis occurs).

So that I do not go completely 'off-topic' I can say that the current glut of silver means that more varied coins will come to the market, which will keep and maintain precious metal addicts like us happy until that price rise occurs. 

Just to add I believe that silver will probably come down to $17.50 - $18.25 by end of June - unless a global crisis occurs.

• 3 months later...

Hey, everyone!  I'm new to this forum.  I see I'm not the only one with a silver addiction! I was beginning to think something was wrong, but I see I'm not alone.  I started out with just a few nice Eagles, then I had to get the whole set, kept that set and bought a certified set.  I fill one Dansco album with very nice Eagles then filled a Littleton album with Eagles just as nice (to include the "W"s).  In between Eagles, I'm adding all sorts of rounds and bars! not to mention all the Proof Silver Dollars!  Yea, I'm totally addicted to nice stuff, not just plain silver.

I've got an order coming from Oz and once this arrives in going to take a break from buying. I'll give myself a month or 2 to sort out my finances before doing a final order from the US and then hopefully wait for the 2015 stuff.

I'm not going to bother back dating sets and spend what what I would have spent on my new love of fractional gold.

Being a new stacker/collector I've spent too much time and money buying and researching bullion from the last year or 2. I really don't wan to expand my addiction anymore and start on all the other sizes of coins.

Well that plan went to pot didn't it.......................LOL

Well that plan went to pot didn't it.......................LOL

Yep.  Ending up with even more than I ever imagined.  Damn you shiny stuff!!

Archived