• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

never used bairds as they want £7.50 del and ask for a deposit then a balance payment :(

It is a convoluted payment process however I do like dealing with Bairds. They have some very good deals going from time to time and are a quality English company.

I do not know any one who charges less than this for delivery, some companies charge more. I think it it the standard rate for special delivery with the royal mail(signed for)

Edited by Stu

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Any bullion company that offers FREE SHIPPING has the cost of insured delivery factored already into the price shown

That is nice thing having a good bullion well priced source local to where you live 

You can always have a nose see whats in when you're in town see what they've got,

Buy it, cash exchanged, invoice given, walk out with your single half/full sovereign .

No fear of failed delivery or missing parcel and a £6.50-£9 saving on postage from buying online

Those HGM maples are looking tasty at £752 an ounce. The trouble is guys - notice the gold price on their website vs the actual gold price today. HGM must have frozen their tracker when they ceased business yesterday because the actual price is a few quid lower than £730 right now. Atkinson's is showing 727 an ounce. Goldprice.org is showing 726 an ounce. 

I guess the adage of don't invest at weekend is as true with gold as it is with stocks lol.

Problem is if I wait until Monday they will probably all be gone! 

Those HGM maples are looking tasty at £752 an ounce. The trouble is guys - notice the gold price on their website vs the actual gold price today. HGM must have frozen their tracker when they ceased business yesterday because the actual price is a few quid lower than £730 right now. Atkinson's is showing 727 an ounce. Goldprice.org is showing 726 an ounce. 

I guess the adage of don't invest at weekend is as true with gold as it is with stocks lol.

Problem is if I wait until Monday they will probably all be gone!

For £1.26 more you could get yourself a year of the horse 1 ozer from Bairds! I know what I would prefer, comes security sealed also. I am starting to sound likes a salesperson I know, I don't work for them, honest.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

For £1.26 more you could get yourself a year of the horse 1 ozer from Bairds! I know what I would prefer, comes security sealed also. I am starting to sound likes a salesperson I know, I don't work for them, honest.

£1.26 more for a nicer looking coin is a bargain agreed! Capital gains tax free on the horse too. 

I bought a few of the Lunar Horses from Bairds a few months ago, done the usual and gutted I'm down about £40 each on them now but that's just the game, for a new coin that's the first in a series that could turn out to be anything in the way of popularity especially with China and their gold scenario I think they are a great buy, the sealed packaging adds to security but does their beauty no favours as it fairly masks the coin.

I bought a few of the Lunar Horses from Bairds a few months ago, done the usual and gutted I'm down about £40 each on them now but that's just the game, for a new coin that's the first in a series that could turn out to be anything in the way of popularity especially with China and their gold scenario I think they are a great buy, the sealed packaging adds to security but does their beauty no favours as it fairly masks the coin.

I bought a lunar around February when gold was at its highest point since I have been stacking so down a fair bit on fiat but not too bothered. You may have already noticed, but there is a cling film type cover over the packing. It took me a while to see it but it is off now and I can see the coin much better.

Cheers Stu, I saw the cling cover but I thought that's what was keeping it all together so left it alone, good to know I can take it off.  I bought 3x Lunar Horses and 1x Lunar SHeep at the beginning of June when the Horses were £804, and got another 2 weeks later at £776, today they are £753.25.

With spot being so low I'm in two minds as whether or not to pick-up some of the Lunar 2 1oz which I'm missing.  The premiums are huge but doesn't seem as bad with £50 off.  I'm only 2 coins into the series so I might just not bother and save it for cheaper stuff.

My eye keeps being drawn to the Mexican 50 peso at Baird's, teetering just above £900. These were about £1050 not so long ago. I think if it dropped into the 800's I'd be seriously tempted as it would feel like paying not much more than an oz coin for a big 42g lump of gold.

When you think it can't get any worse or better depending on your stand point it does, fell to $1089 in the early hours, pulled back a bit since then but general feeling seems to be we're going lower.

Deflation, manipulation or have people just fallen out of love with the stuff? Which ever it may be something big may be on the horizon....

Edited by garthy

It feels a bit like the oil situation, with the price being pushed lower for suspect reasons to the point of dropping below the cost of production. This is sure to flush out the higher-cost producers and in a normal market would lead to a price correction.

You get the feeling that gold, like oil, can also be used as a political tool.

although its nice to be able to buy at these prices , though i spent my bit on sovs on friday 

its quite unnerving realy to see it go so low 

I've been buying metals since silver was £30 and gold at £950 

I've seen people in the silver community and the gold bug say "I wish silver was at $18.. i'd sell the house and buy silver" and people in the gold community say "if gold fell below $1100 i'd load the boat"

Most of these people have sold up and gone

You have to hold your nerve or fall by the wayside

"blood in the streets" saying comes to mind

Don't fold when wall street ups the anti ..in this game you can sit and wait and cash in when the game changes

Edited by Dune69