• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

If we are still  here in 5 years then gold is still way undervalued and I'm still a buyer at today's price. N Korea big issue right now, but if we get beyond NK issue eventually tackling the global debt  crisis will push gold a lot higher still imo..........

i see both gold and silver futures have gone to telephone dealing only on my IG spread bet platform. There could be lots of reasons for this i suppose but it makes me think there is a lot of volume [probably] to go long and they are putting a damper on this. 

There have been a lot of positive noises about buying physical - even coming from Jeff Currie, global head of commodities at Goldman Sachs. Normally he is very negative about precious metals. Now he is saying the only way to go with gold is to buy physical. Forget COMEX and GLD. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Yes! I've been refreshing a gold chart the last few days to watch it dive. I nearly bought a 1oz coin last night and this morning it was £15 cheaper :o 

Is it almost a given that December it will be even lower? Maybe as low as £900? Does anyone here save their gold sprees for Decembers?

Precious metal price rigger arrested. In reality another token sacrifice whilst the real culprits go free.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-13/ex-ubs-trader-accused-by-u-s-of-manipulating-metals-prices

When i took a look at what the BBC propaganda arm of the UK Police State had to say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00kgn5q

Sorry, this clip is not currently available

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Huh.. I can't find mention of Andre Flotron's arrest anywhere on BBC right now. Either they're fact-checking or pulled for some other reason.

Apparently he was surprised by the FBI arrest, having co-operated with them for immunity in 2015 over some other rigging probe. Apparently they have doubled down on metals fixing?

Watching and waiting! Taking daily readings of the gold and silver trends and wondering when to buy.

As a newcomer it's exciting and a little nerve racking at the same time. I'd said to myself a few weeks back that when Gold hit £950 I'd take a plunge thinking it was probably a possibility for December at some stage.

Now....its creeping ever so close and Silver is going down quite sweetly.

........so when? Tomorrow?

4 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

What are people's thoughts on what may is going to give away in her speech tomorrow? Will it strengthen or weaken the £ against the €? Not sure if to get the 2018 ele today or wait

It's been underlined that no-one from the EU will be in attendance, so she is going to come out of it looking weaker whatever she has to say.

Suspect it will be more empty words with little real content, though she may well admit that the UK is going to have to pay some sort of financial redress on outstanding commitments including after Brexit actually happens.

I'm not sure what she could say that would actually strengthen the pound.

Edited by jacksj1

1 hour ago, jacksj1 said:

It's been underlined that no-one from the EU will be in attendance, so she is going to come out of it looking weaker whatever she has to say.

Suspect it will be more empty words with little real content, though she may well admit that the UK is going to have to pay some sort of financial redress on outstanding commitments including after Brexit actually happens.

I'm not sure what she could say that would actually strengthen the pound.

There are no outstanding commitments. When [IF] the UK leaves there are no commitments - the UK has left.

The EU owes the UK many £billions for our share of many projects we have contributed to but will no longer benefit from. The UK authorities know we owe nothing and we should demand repayment and if none is forthcoming sue the EU. However the politicians have never acted for the people. I see Theresa May was calling Trump all the names under the Sun for pulling out of the Paris Accord on Global Warming. This is proof positive the woman is either not fit for purpose or a criminal. i say criminal. These anti-Global Warming policies are harming the people of this country, taxing them and destroying the industry. Deliberately driving the people into poverty as per the United Nations Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030. Theresa May swore an oath to the Queen and the Queen swore an oath to the people she would "to the utmost of [her] power maintain the Laws of God" - Theresa May is doing harm and this is against the Laws of God - Theresa May is imagining the Queen to be dead for then she would not have comply with her oath. Theresa May is a traitor and should be hanged along with 1000's of other parasitic criminals. The list of frauds, deceptions and vile criminality is massive. It was illegal and unlawful to join the EU in the first place, power was handed to a foreign entity, a traitorous act carried out by Ted Heath in between buggering young boys, so we cannot owe the EU abomination a single penny, we should have every penny back. 

ps all this is 100% correct - do your own research and above all keep stacking, it is the only real money.

Russians are also pissed about the US attempt to take hostage 27 of their troops using their ISIS proxy army, not only did the handfull of Russians hold out for hours until help arrived but when it did arrive they killed hundreds of ISIS troops without losing a single Russian life but they are now threatening to release all the intelligence reports showing the US is aiding not fighting ISIS, apparently they also have a few US intelligence agents in their custody which is why they wanted Russians to try and force an exchange, I think they are just waiting for the right time to play this card as it's getting dicey now that the Syrian army is close to retaking the oil fields, once this happens it's game over for the US.

Edited by Scuzzle

5th oct 2004 - 31st dec 2004 gold went from

~$420 to ~ $438

it stood around ~$438 for another 8 months in 2005

before making it's way higher in the last 4 months of

if it's going to play out similar to 2004 and history

rhymes, then it could be mostly horizontal for almost

another year.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid