• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2014 1oz UK Lunar horse proof

Cully

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the general feeling about this. Would you guys prefer someone to organise a bulk/group purchase or deal individually?

I don't mind either way too, would shipping be cheaper on a bulk/group buy?

I know everyone is getting carried away by the price & I hope it is genuine my question is this, why is the seller selling these coins at less than 30% of the going rate. The guy is an experienced seller so will no doubt have done his homework. If he offered them at £90-£100 instead of £33 they would still be an excellent buy.

Caveat emptor and all that.

You may have been right :(

https://youtu.be/0AL0k_JmiPE

Im with HT on this one.

Not bothered if I can't see it.

That's absolutely fine if it is for your own collection,if you have to/or want to sell it, a proof collector would notice and would return the coin if you had not declared it to them.Like anything you get what you pay for.If it fills a hole in your collection fine,if you are buying extra's to flip you'll make very little or nothing buying a coin with a known defect.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

That's absolutely fine if it is for your own collection,if you have to/or want to sell it, a proof collector would notice and would return the coin if you had not declared it to them.Like anything you get what you pay for.If it fills a hole in your collection fine,if you are buying extra's to flip you'll make very little or nothing buying a coin with a known defect.

But what I'm saying is, if you can't see it with the naked eye then it's not a known defect.

Do you inspect your proofs with a loupe?

Stacker since 2013

But what I'm saying is, if you can't see it with the naked eye then it's not a known defect.

I do it every time I buy proof.

I have paid high price so I always expect in mint condition.

I don't want that it loses worth next year

Not every coin no,but I always without exception buy the best possible example.Bl--dy h-ll you get people on here complaining about a fault on a £18 Bu coin,so someone who buys a proof with a known fault is asking for grief somewhere down the line unless it is very rare and/or fills a hole in your collection.Now that this coin has been outed on Youtube everyone who buys one is going to look at it with a loupe.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Not every coin no. Now that this coin has been outed on Youtube everyone who buys one is going to look at it with a loupe.

So if you bought one of these, you probably wouldn't have inspected with a loupe.

I think a very small amount of purchasers would ever inspect with magnification to be honest, if you don't then it must be a rare trait.

Stacker since 2013

Archived