• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Investment startagem

Stu

Hi all

I am new to this forum so please excuse any indiscretions in my curiosities if you will. You all seem to be a pretty friendly bunch on the whole which is refreshing to see in this day and age.

I was wanting to know about people's investment strategies. Having briefly studied the forum, is it fair to say as a general rule that members will continually buy into the silver market on a regular basis regardless of what the spot price is dictating in order to achieve an average price? I am aware that major announcements etc may be a factor in peeps delaying/ diving in to investing at short notice/on a large scale.

Also having noticed that premium products & relative rarities (eg panda ) command higher prices, does this also apply when when prices reach their peak I.e. ££££ in 2011 or does the price pretty much follow spot during these periods.

Like everyone else I am trying to get the best understanding of the market before committing any further investment into the market.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Ask yourself why you want to invest in the first place and whether you can afford to.

If you owe money on credit cards or other loans that are charged high interest then you really want to get that out of the way first.

Next, what is your aim ?

If you are able to save into a pension then on the assumption you are paying tax then get some tax rebated and helping top up your pension.

Have you taken advantage of tax free ISAs ?

If you are young and have spare cash coming in, get some into solid UK equity funds ( see Hargreaves Landsdown top 150 funds ) generating income and have these in your ISA.

Then, having sorted out the fundamentals, have some fun stacking the shiny stuff  - but as an investment ???? .... the jury is out.

Archived