• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

high reliefs,

crazy hippo

what do we think of perth mint 1oz high reliefs, at about £50 they aren’t that much more than a standard coin, lunar coin.

No experience of them, but a quick look on ebay shows me they are going for 100$. so not too much more.

worth picking up just for the beauty of it?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know I quite like them, I have the 4 Perth mint 1oz kangaroo coins and will continue to collect that series the 2010 is the nicest IMHO and the dearest, but I haven't bothered with anything else,as I can't collect everything I'm just concentrating on 2ozers&10ozers now.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks for the photo Strenue.

I have never seen a high relief coin in person. Primarily stacking bullion, but I might have to start collecting some 1oz high relief coins in the future.

I think if I were to start collecting numismatic sets etc, I would look into what the Perth Mint produces, as their bullion coins are fantastic quality. 

What is the mintage on these high relief coins?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I just found it on the Perth Mint site. Mintage is 19,000.

This looks interesting:

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/2013-australian-1oz-silver-proof-high-relief-collection.aspx

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

what do we think of perth mint 1oz high reliefs, at about £50 they aren’t that much more than a standard coin, lunar coin.

No experience of them, but a quick look on ebay shows me they are going for 100$. so not too much more.

worth picking up just for the beauty of it?

Here's mine CH

P1000138_zps5332cebd.jpg

I don't know anything about these coins. So what is the series? Do they just mint the same design as the gold 1oz coin but on a proof high relief silver coin?

When did the series start? Are there only 4 in the series so far?

Discounts / Offers

haha, k u got me!

what did you pay for them? :P

I paid between £43 and £75 each for them £75 being the 2010 which was with a few others I bought from Aus and got stung for VAT.

You can pick all of them up for between £50&£60 in Europe.

It doesn't really matter what I paid for them if you like them buy them. :P

I don't know anything about these coins. So what is the series? Do they just mint the same design as the gold 1oz coin but on a proof high relief silver coin?

When did the series start? Are there only 4 in the series so far?

Chris there are 4 so far in the series all the info is on the Perth Mint website.

Chris there are 4 so far in the series all the info is on the Perth Mint website.

2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Kangaroo

2012, 2013 kookaburra

2012, 2013 koala

2012, 2013 Lunar

2014 wedge tailed egale 

Am I missing any other year high relief coins from these?

I might have to start collecting something from the above coins. Trouble is, if I get one high relief, then I would want to collect them all. And that would work out quite costly.  :unsure: 

Do they come in capsules Morotbikz? The product photo on the Perth Mint website suggests that they don't. But the product photo on Apmex does.

Discounts / Offers

2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Kangaroo

2012, 2013 kookaburra

2012, 2013 koala

2012, 2013 Lunar

2014 wedge tailed egale 

Am I missing any other year high relief coins from these?

I might have to start collecting something from the above coins. Trouble is, if I get one high relief, then I would want to collect them all. And that would work out quite costly.  :unsure: 

Do they come in capsules Morotbikz? The product photo on the Perth Mint website suggests that they don't. But the product photo on Apmex does.

That's why I'm just sticking to the Roos Chris :)  and yes they all come boxed cased with certs and capsules buddy

.At least in Europe and Aus they do.I always take my proof coins out of the original packaging and put them in display cases.takes up far less room and they look great together.in a nice case.

I store all the original boxes and cases in shoe boxes or similar.

I paid between £43 and £75 each for them £75 being the 2010 which was with a few others I bought from Aus and got stung for VAT.

You can pick all of them up for between £50&£60 in Europe.

It doesn't really matter what I paid for them if you like them buy them. :P

Ha, if you like them buy them..... PAahhahahah the “Oppressed Muslim Woman” (my misus, the head scarfed husband beater) says if i buy anymore before at least mid april, my ass is gonna be so sore I’m gonna have to stand and teach for the next month.

but i do fancy a lunar horse in the HR, will have to add that to the 10oz horse I’m gonna buy... and then hide till mid april. HAHAHHA lol, I’m so gonna wait.

anyways bikez thanks for your help....

*PS, just incase any of you worry, i am not a victim of (regular) domestic abuse.  :o

anyways bikez thanks for your help....

*PS, just incase any of you worry, i am not a victim of (regular) domestic abuse.  :o

No problem CH,I hope I never switch on the telly and see you on Jeremy Kyle   :lol:

I am seriously debating if I should start collecting some of these high relief series. They do look nice.... 

Discounts / Offers

No problem CH,I hope I never switch on the telly and see you on Jeremy Kyle   :lol:

oh no.... r u kidding... id be dead, i can see the headlines now

“incredibly handsome Asian man found with blunt force trauma injuries to the head.... Oppressed wife had no other way out”

lol.... ever wonder why there isn’t a oppressed Asian husbands helpline? because we all “disappeared”. 

she’s awesome really.

So which EU dealers have these for around £50 ?

Discounts / Offers

Discounts / Offers

I just couldn't be doing with 32mm diameter coins to be honest.

I think a 1.5oz - 2oz high relief with a "normal" diameter would be pretty cool.

To each his own Danny,that's the beauty of our collecting field everyone likes something different.The high reliefs appeal to me as they quite a lump even though they only weigh an once,they are the stepping stone to the 2 ozers :)

I just couldn't be doing with 32mm diameter coins to be honest.

I think a 1.5oz - 2oz high relief with a "normal" diameter would be pretty cool.

Yea it sounds nicer, I think I would have preferred a coin that size. Until you think about what the cost per coin would have been. The cost per coin is already quite a bit, at 1.5-2oz it would have had a huge price tag.

Discounts / Offers

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of chat recently about high reliefs very nice they are too,here is a size comparison with a lunar series 2 horse 1/2 oz proof   and a    2010 1oz HR Roo proof as you can see it is quite a bit smaller than the 1/2ozer but is Oh so chunky :)

P1000145_zps11ec6985.jpg

Archived