• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

ISIS Islamic State Dirham and Dinar plan.

crazy hippo

Now now....

Going on for at least 6 years the World islamic Mint has been pushing a  standard, of 2.975 grams per dirham and 4.25 for dinar.

IS want to create a currency based on Gold and silver.

If person x in turkey can buy 4.25g of gold cheaper than you could is that going to bring down the price of gold everywhere, or better yet bring it up? What if they tie it to oil, say 1 dinar per barrel.

Gold and silver in use as money.

We listen to a lot of stuff against the world Banc and IMF and a lot of propaganda for it, how much pro ISIS stuff have you herd?

Maybe there is something in that....

I think this is the perfect excuse for western governments to stop the moment of PM’s

Lets see how this unfolds.....

whilst the idea of using Gold and Silver as Money is an admirable ideal, the Rest of their ideals are nothing more than utterly despicable.

even Hitler was a non smoking vegetarian!

don`t get me wrong though, I have equal feelings towards the banksters too.

what concerns me about this sort of thing becomming more Public (and it`s already there to some extent) is that those that Hold Gold or Silver are then tarred with the same brush and seen as subversives and terrorists.

I really hope that the Swiis Gold referendum on 30`th Nov is a vote for the positive, and they take their Gold and Silver back.

that May swing it somewhat in our favour again in terms of sentiment for those that hold PMs.

Who knows, maybe others will do the same and it could be the trigger that causes a run on PMs from other countries that want theirs back too (think Germany).

and perhaps the truth will come out about all the 100:1 paper silver and rehypothecation scams! :D

just My opinion though.

edited to add: that if it wasn`t for the "elites" that control the bankstres that control the .Gov that controls the military (and I don`t why she swallowed a fly... perhaps she`ll die...), then there probably wouldn`t even Be an Isis!

I don’t know, Im inclined to believe the exact opposite of what the media tells us, esp considering they were cheerleaders for the last 14 wars in muslim countries, so i just think there is A LOT more to ISIS than what we will ever be told about by the media here or anywhere really.

We live in a situation where all the information we are subjected to is filtered and authorised. I can only hope that ISIS gives way to a true islamic state, because it was only under an islamic state that the region has ever really known any form of stability, success or tolerance. Un fettered freedom and democracy haven’t really worked. Nor have they ever truly worked.

Any true islamic nation must have its basis in islamic law, and a part of that is governance of the economy, which states a bi metal currency, a gold and silver standard. Any other nation will be subject to failure as it is simply a country with a majority muslim population. 1/4 of the worlds population needs to be left alone for an organic system to be implemented upon the social constructs that exist. not ones we would like to exist  thinking from a solely western perspective.

ISIS are mere novices when it comes to Beheading's compared to our friends the Saudis.  Seems we choose who we report on, Iran puts a woman in prison for watching a volley ball match and it is all over our news.  Saudis put women in prison for driving a car

I don't know. It's not the sort of thing I search for.

Ah, but It would kind of go viral, then MSM would pick it up, and then you would get to hear of it.

Isis are getting a proper beating from the Peshmerga at the moment I hope.

A call to arms from Caliph Baghdadi:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/14/world/middleeast/abu-bakr-baghdadi-islamic-state-leader-calls-for-new-fight-against-west.html?_r=0

I don’t know, Im inclined to believe the exact opposite of what the media tells us, esp considering they were cheerleaders for the last 14 wars in muslim countries, so i just think there is A LOT more to ISIS than what we will ever be told about by the media here or anywhere really.

We live in a situation where all the information we are subjected to is filtered and authorised. I can only hope that ISIS gives way to a true islamic state, because it was only under an islamic state that the region has ever really known any form of stability, success or tolerance. Un fettered freedom and democracy haven’t really worked. Nor have they ever truly worked.

Any true islamic nation must have its basis in islamic law, and a part of that is governance of the economy, which states a bi metal currency, a gold and silver standard. Any other nation will be subject to failure as it is simply a country with a majority muslim population. 1/4 of the worlds population needs to be left alone for an organic system to be implemented upon the social constructs that exist. not ones we would like to exist  thinking from a solely western perspective.

CH, by islamic state, I assume you are referring to the Ottoman Empire?

We live in a situation where all the information we are subjected to is filtered and authorised.

In reality the situation is the exact OPPOSITE of what you claim. Think of the news reporting in the second world war. Only newspaper and radio to get your info from, with the occasional newsreel at the cinema. Everything had to go before the Ministry of War before being released. People in the south east may have had access to "propaganda" radio from the continent, but that was all the news you got.

Today thanks to the internet, anything and everything gets reported, and you can get access to "news reports" from both sides of any conflict.

And I shake my head hearing that you wish for an islamic state in the region, even the millions of people living there don't want that, hence the huge numbers of refugees heading out of any country that Isis enters. If you have a state that has religion at the foundation of its existence then it can only lead to expansion and hence to war. Only unlike the previous Muslim and Christian wars, (note that these countries had religion at their heart), which were fought in the crusades mainly hand to hand, we would have countries fighting with missiles. And we know how that can end. Many Arab Muslim countries want nuclear weapons, they also want rid of Israel. Israel DO have nuclear weapons and wont hesitate to defend themselves in ANY way they seem fit.

I say do away with religion full stop. Without religion do you really think people would be fighting wars over who runs Syria? 

I read up about ISIS and the metal currency, one thing is for sure if it happens I will not be supporting it by buying any of the coins even if they are going cheap!  

Have no doubts anyone who buys there coins are supporting there way of life and values.

copied from the wall street journal

The Islamic State is getting into the gold-coin business.

The “Treasury Department” of the jihadist group that is now occupying large portions of Syria and Iraq announced Thursday that it plans to mint its own currency out of gold, silver and copper.

The goal: To break away from the “satanic usury-based global economic system” and instead use a currency that’s “based on the inherent value of the metals,” the group said in a statement that was distributed on Twitter, according to the SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors online jihadi forums.

BN-FO161_dinar1_AM_20141114130333.jpg Gold dinar, circa 778   Liberty Coin Service

Experts who track Islamic State militants and study Islamic finance say the move is part of the group’s ongoing effort to build a government and to reach its stated goal of creating a caliphate. It also comes as the U.S. Treasury Department mounts a global campaign to crack down on the group’s finances.

The gold coins will be called dinars. Some Islamic countries–including Iraq and Libya–call their modern paper currency the “dinar,” but gold dinars stamped with Arabic phrases can betraced back to a much-celebrated caliph named Abd al-Malik.

“Minting your own coinage was an important insignia of sovereignty within the pre-modern Islamic world,” said David Eisenberg, a lawyer in London who’s written a book about Islamic finance. Even for leaders who managed to carve out less ambitious areas of control, “minting coins was one of the first things you did.”

As part of its nation-building, the Islamic State has been setting up medical clinics, overseeing police forces, regulating prices in local bazaars, and providing jobs in the oil and gas fields it’s seized across a swath of Syria and Iraq.

“It makes perfect sense that this is the next step,” said Bruce Hoffman, a Georgetown University professor specializing in radical Islam. “They are adopting as many of the accoutrements of government as possible.”

In addition, the group may be looking to establish a new currency that’s more compliant with its strict interpretation of Sharia law, said Mr. Eisenberg. Some conservative Muslims are opposed to interest-bearing investments and fiat currencies that aren’t backed by an underlying asset, he said. The underlying concern, he said, is with “unjust enrichment” and economic exploitation of others.

The statement from Islamic State’s Treasury Department said the new currency would be “far removed from the tyrannical monetary system that was imposed on the Muslims and was a reason for their enslavement and impoverishment.”

The Wall Street Journal has reported that the militants have been funding their operations by smuggling their oil into Turkey for sale on the black market. Chip Poncy, a former Treasury Department official who helped develop the U.S. government’s strategy for combating terrorist financing, said the leaders of the Islamic State are unlikely to suddenly demand payment for that oil in their new currency.

“In order to remain anonymous, ISIL may most likely be settling transactions for smuggled oil in U.S. dollars or the local currency of a cash-intensive economy,” said Mr. Poncy, now a partner at The Financial Integrity Network. ”But it is also possible that ISIL is settling these transactions in more sophisticated trade-based or third party repayment schemes whereby it is paid in other products or in third party wires through front companies, locally or abroad.”

And coin collectors in the U.S., take note: Owning one of the new gold coins would put you in legally dubious territory.

“Legally speaking you’d have a pretty good case that’s transacting in ISIL currency would be prohibited as engaging in transactions in which a designating terrorist organization has a controlling interest,” said Mr. Poncy.

God knows our financial system is corrupt but Sharia finance has its flaws as well. There is nothing evil in

charging interest as money has a time value. The charging of Interest only becomes usury when the rate

becomes exploitative. So, all you need is rule of law to be applied by honest men, something we don't have right now.

In reality the situation is the exact OPPOSITE of what you claim. Think of the news reporting in the second world war. Only newspaper and radio to get your info from, with the occasional newsreel at the cinema. Everything had to go before the Ministry of War before being released. People in the south east may have had access to "propaganda" radio from the continent, but that was all the news you got.

Today thanks to the internet, anything and everything gets reported, and you can get access to "news reports" from both sides of any conflict.

And I shake my head hearing that you wish for an islamic state in the region, even the millions of people living there don't want that, hence the huge numbers of refugees heading out of any country that Isis enters. If you have a state that has religion at the foundation of its existence then it can only lead to expansion and hence to war. Only unlike the previous Muslim and Christian wars, (note that these countries had religion at their heart), which were fought in the crusades mainly hand to hand, we would have countries fighting with missiles. And we know how that can end. Many Arab Muslim countries want nuclear weapons, they also want rid of Israel. Israel DO have nuclear weapons and wont hesitate to defend themselves in ANY way they seem fit.

I say do away with religion full stop. Without religion do you really think people would be fighting wars over who runs Syria? 

You claim to speak for millions of people? on what grounds.

Ps Hitler was an atheist, and the last iraq war killed around a million muslims, that was for oil.... Religion being used for abuses isn’t strictly a western thing, but you do have a majority stake in your history of that... so i say again, look outside of your own historical perspective at history as a whole.

Isis is currently in two countries, one ravaged by 11 years of war and an oppressive sectarian government by British and americans (mainly), syria has had a minority totalitarian dictatorship installed, again by western governments, and has been in a civil war for 3 and some years.... ya think that might have something to do with the exodus of people?

I disagree, I believe we have been given multiple angles of an authorised version of events. The ONLY people who know the truth are the people that are there.

What a load of utter nonsense! Please stop with this garbage! You say: the media is totally censored, everything is being 'filtered', information on the internet is being 'authorised', we need a 'true Islamic state', 'unfettered freedom and democracy haven't really worked' blah blah blah. What a load of rubbish.

True Islamic state? One that believes that all non-believers are infidels and go to Hell, irrespective of whether they are good people or not? And you think that an Islamic state is compatible with 'tolerance' when the fundamental belief is that of division into dar al islam and dar al kufr? Come on....are you ignorant or an Islamic negationist/propragandist?

The problem with Islam and other Abrahamic faiths is that they cause DIVISION. We don't need any more division. We need unity, we need to recognise that ALL human beings are equal irrespective of faith, colour etc. That is true spirituality. I get so annoyed when I hear people peddle this rubbish. Do you really think that an Islamic state would be a beacon of peace, stability and tolerance? If so, you are either totally naïve or ignorant. People like you live in some kind of parallel universe glossing over facts, real history, the history of Islam, previous Islamic conquests and brutality, the genocide of millions of people in the name of forced conversion to Islam. Go away and study the FACTS, not internet hocus pocus and conspiracy theories.

Archived